Roger defeats Haas

15.08.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger has booked a spot in the quarter-finals in Cincinnati with a 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 victory over Germany's Tommy Haas.

It was a tough fight for Roger in the beginning as he only managed to find his game trailing 1-6, 2-4, to the delight of the spectators. Next up is either Rafael Nadal or Grigor Dimitrov. And then it would be a further, tough path with Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic as possible opponents for the semis and then the final.

08/17/2013 | 10:14 AM
thanks A.I for the info!
08/17/2013 | 09:47 AM
Sorry you lost,but don't be upset,you are heading in the right track, with more aggressive play and confidence you can beat him,please practice hard for us open,you will make it. Wish you all the best
08/17/2013 | 09:15 AM
ILOVEROGER92
Right now World Tour Finals Qualification Cut is 5755

Only Nole and Nadal is Qualified for WTF. But this number decreases with time. Roger, can qualify till the last master 1000 i.e. Paris finishes. I would say if Roger wins one more tourny and secure SF spot in USO then he would Qualify easily. I don't know whats going to happen.
08/17/2013 | 08:50 AM
Dearest Roger, I have a mixture of feelings. You played much better than other occasions against Nadal, or against other players in the last months, which makes me sad because it really looked like you could have beaten him and you didn't. However, as your unconditional fan I'm happy that you are finding your way in your game again.
All the best for USO!
08/17/2013 | 08:13 AM
@KOB122
Ditto.
08/17/2013 | 07:49 AM
Although the result did not go your way, we are happy to see your game back to top level. This shall give you much confident going into US open. all those mind blowing forehead! Good luck!
08/17/2013 | 07:42 AM
Can someone answer this question; until when can Roger qualify for the WTF?
08/17/2013 | 07:38 AM
Dear Roger, tough loss once again but this has been the pattern of year, you played amazing match 99% of the reviews and comments were for Rafa winning it in straight sets but after first set lot of people were shocked. I believe you could have held to your nerves in the second set, didn't happen, now its all done & dusted.

I think you have nothing to prove.
I wish you health and success for remaining part of the year. I still believe you Qualify for WTF, do your best :)
08/17/2013 | 07:36 AM
Though you lost I am not feeling sad. This is a rare thing for me The good thing is it seems like you found your rhythm back heading to uso. Good luck
08/17/2013 | 07:34 AM
YUKIMI

That's what we fans do :-) support our hero no matter what. I'm also happy Roger played great. But hey, that's what GOATs do :-)