next up: Novak

28.02.2007 | Tennis

Roger has reached the quarter finals in Dubai with a 7-5, 6-3 win over Italy's Daniele Braccali.

Roger secured the first break of the match at 6-5 to win the first set before racing out to a 3-0 lead in the second. From there the result was never in doubt and Roger was on cruise control comfortably holding his serve while allowing Braccali to do the same.

Our number one will now meet seventh seed Novak Djokovic - who beat Rainer Schuettler 7-6, 6-3 - for a place in the semi finals. Roger has won all three encounters against the 19 year-old so this far.

03/02/2007 | 04:16 PM
I've just read the report about your amazing return in that match, which is called a Hot Dog, no? I'll try to find a video of that ball. it's really really amazing according to the report, which I haven't seen any player doing so before!
03/02/2007 | 03:50 AM
Congratulations, you are making history. Fantastic shot & I too loved your reaction right afterward. Don't get too relaxed out there Tommy is coming up & could be a tough match. Praying for you.
03/01/2007 | 08:14 PM
Well done Roger!!! I said that you are lucky. I've worried about you on tie break. Huh! It was very nervouse match, but you won and now i
03/01/2007 | 07:18 PM
EXELLENT! congrat's rogi! good luck!
love you! x
03/01/2007 | 07:06 PM
Kia Ora Roger,
Sorry, we are 6 hours ahead of you here in Brisbane, Australia, not 6 behind. Yawn, Yawn, the time is now 4.10am. Good Night, Good Morning.
In Health and Happiness,
Alice.
03/01/2007 | 06:59 PM
Kia Ora Roger,
Well done Roger in this very intense, hard fought match particularly the mental battle not only within yourself but v Novak. A couple of times throughout the match I felt you were going to 'push down hard on the pedal', but I realize this
03/01/2007 | 06:29 PM
Dear Roger,
You have now won over Novak Djokovic. Congratulations & hope you win another title here in DUBAI. Prayers, Annie.
03/01/2007 | 06:26 PM
Congratulations Roger. I did not doubt for one moment that you would lose this match. You are truly phenominal. You have what it takes to be the champion you are.
Mitz
03/01/2007 | 06:20 PM
You know, Roger, you drive-a-me- nuts! Who EVER said you were boring!!?? Congrats on advancing at Dubai.
03/01/2007 | 04:51 PM
Good going Roger. I surely wish those Dubai matches were televised in the USA. I will be so happy when I can watch you play again. Good luck on your next one-I am certain you will win. Mitz