40th victory in series

02.03.2007 | Tennis

Roger will face Mikhail Youzhny in the final of the Dubai Duty Free Men’s Open on Saturday. Our star stopped Tommy Haas' winning streak, defeating the number five seed from Germany 6-4, 7-5.

Roger had to work hard for the victory: “It was extremely physical out there tonight, a lot of tough points. I knew it was going to be tough, a lot of running, patience as well. I thought that was an excellent performance. I rate it very high.” Haas did not take advatage of a total of five break points in the first set; Roger in return seized the opportunities he was given. The second set was a lot tougher still and Roger had to break Haas twice before making everything clear on his first matchball after 1:31 h. Haas last beat Roger at the Australian Open in 2002, their head-to-head is now at 8-2.

Roger will attempt to extend his phenomenal series and regain the trophy he surrendered last year to Rafael Nadal. He will also be able to match Björn Borg's mark of 41 victories in series. Meanwhile, Russia's Youzhny will try to claim a second title in a week after winning in Rotterdam last Sunday.

03/06/2007 | 11:56 AM
phenomenal rogie =)
03/04/2007 | 04:08 AM
Hi Roger....
I am your fans from R.O.C (Taiwan),and there are so many your fans in Taiwan.
We all support you and wish you ''Win French's Open,then Wimbledon''.

Go to catch Dubai's title and break Vilas's record in Indian Wells.
03/04/2007 | 01:33 AM
Hi Roger,
Your hair looks marvelous in front of that totally cool plane. You look like a gorgeous model with your awesome outfit. Must be nice to be you.
It was April that had the funny hair blown in the wind. I got the wrong month.
And now some weird
03/03/2007 | 06:56 PM
Dear Roger!
Congratulations for winning Dubai Open!!!!
The final was fantastic as every match you play, I enjoyed every single point. It was pure entertament and I just want to thank you for your Amazing Tennis!
I wish the very best Luck!
Alina.
03/03/2007 | 06:35 PM
Dear Roger

congratulations on your 41st match win and your 4th title in Dubai you are just simply to good.

I am at a loss to describe you roger there's not enough words in the english language to say how i feel you always find away of winning whe
03/03/2007 | 06:33 PM
Felicidades por tu record y espero que sigas siendo el numero 1 por mucho tiempo
03/03/2007 | 06:32 PM
Hi Hot Rog,
Congratulations on your win this evening/morning. Eurosport's streaming video worked great. And it's hot, dry and sunny here in LA and Indian Wells. Perfect for you.
Loved the ship trophy.
See ya soon,
Fraze
03/03/2007 | 06:24 PM
Kia Ora Roger,
Congratulations on a fine victory over Mikhail, though it took a little while to work your way into the game of the first set. Well done Roger for keeping your composure, which I believe would've made Borg very proud. Again, I'm happy for
03/03/2007 | 06:14 PM
Let's go Roger. You're the best (On no clay courts).
03/03/2007 | 06:09 PM
I just saw your final match in Dubai thanks to eurosport.com. I was thrilled to see you win another title and to play so well as usual. I know you are extremely happy over this and so are we, all your loyal fans. Go on now and win every match you play. Yo