Roger through to semis!

09.11.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger booked a spot in the semis of the ATP World Tour Finals after a 4-6, 7-6(2), 7-5 win over Juan Martin del Potro today.

Roger had difficulties returning del Potro's serves in the beginning and simply committed too many errors in the opening set - letting the Argentinian take a 5-1 lead and eventually the set. In the second set, Roger fell a break behind again but this time, he managed to level at 3-3. Roger later played an excellent tie-breaker to level in sets. But our champ lost the momentum in the decider as he let his opponent open up a 3-0 advantage. But once again, Roger came back full blast, finding his way into the match not only levelling but scoring another late break to go up 6-5 and then closing out the match with his 10th ace.

Roger will meet Rafael Nadal in the semis tomorrow at 2 p.m.

01/23/2014 | 10:20 PM
Dear Roger,

Should you read it, my flatmate has some issues with her English, especially with her pronunciation. However, there's something she can say clearly: "Come on Roger! (Nadal sucks;) ". More seriously, I've been following you with my very best friend for all these years. Tears of joy and despair sometimes, in victories and defeats. Tomorrow, no matter the score, you'll be the winner because no one in this sport has ever had such beauty in his racquet. However, win tomorrow! ;)
01/23/2014 | 01:24 PM
Go Roger.stay focused and concentrate! Do not let anything upset u/ bad calls / if a bad challenge/ the crowd/ long times between serves of your opponent,NOtHING!
Go roger. Yes happy for Stan guys but post your comments on Stan's site this is ROGERS. Go Roger to the final!
01/22/2014 | 03:27 PM
I think the player who wins the SF2 i.e. Fed vs Nadal, will go on to win the AO2014,

Roger must attack Nadal to submission the very same way he attacked Murray
& another great thing - Roger chased down many more balls & made Murray hit out much more than recent times, so he is moving great, hitting great, serving great, what else is needed to beat Nadal !!
01/22/2014 | 03:25 PM
Congratulations to Roger and the Team including Mirka, twins, Lynn & Robert, and, of course, to all fans including myself. I believe Roger is feeling hunger for more matches and trophies, again and for good. I am following Roger's game for more than 15 years, and he looks and plays like he did 10 year ago, again. Second Wind? No, Love for the Game of Tennis, and will to enjoy it. Good luck, dear Roger. G-d be with your will. You are never alone in your will. Amen
01/22/2014 | 03:24 PM
01/22/2014 | 03:21 PM
The lengendary Roger Federer is back at his attacking best!!
01/22/2014 | 01:17 PM
Congratulations to the King of Tennis.
I suspected after Tsonga's match a 3-0 on Murray, and this was going through.
after loosing your serve on 5-4 (third set) and also loosing tie break, I had cold hands, high heart rate, couldn't even continue my work, but you were still strong, which is new for you, and you grabbed the fourth set.
We do really Love you a lot, and will stand with you against Rafa.
I have full confidence that the AO is yours, We will celebrate next Sunday, I am sure.Take ca
01/22/2014 | 01:13 PM
Congrats Roger! That´s the path to final, "only Rafa" stands in the way! Rest and keep calm for the key match. I believe you.
01/22/2014 | 01:13 PM