Roger defeated by Nadal

10.11.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 2

Roger's quest for the title at the 2013 ATP World Tour Finals was stopped with a 5-7, 3-6 defeat by Rafael Nadal in the semis today.

The start of the match was very tight and chances looked good for Roger as he had break points on three occasions but unfortunately never managed to go all the way. It was Nadal who then did manage to break Roger's serve to take a 5-4 lead. But as Nadal was serving for the set, Roger battled back and scored a break himself - only for the Spaniard to do so as well on Roger's serve and then serve for the set successfully. In the second set, Roger was broken to fall behind 2-3 and committing too many errors - 32 in total - he was unable to fight back.

01/29/2014 | 06:30 PM
dear roger
please do send a tweet reminding your followers to sign up as members on your website.
thank you for the many hours of pleasure and excitement you provide for tennis fans everywhere. you are one of a kind…a star, the brightest one.
01/28/2014 | 04:31 AM
Hi Roger! In the game of tennis among all the current players the way you play tennis is the only righty way. Its a gentlemens game and it has to be played that way. What ever the result may be, seeing you on court playing is so wonderfull. Keep up your sprit like you allways do and enjoy the coming years.
I pray for your good health.
01/27/2014 | 09:29 PM
I didn't watch Roger playing Nadal but I fully understand the complaint about Nadal's grunting. To continually have to play someone doing that would be totally annoying and distracting. It didn't go on before Monica Seles.
My friend and I watch the slams and we're were glad not to have to listen to Sharapova and Azarenka screeching. I always love watching Roger play and he's done well so far this year. Of course being a fan winning would be great
01/26/2014 | 07:18 PM
Hi Roger I think you had a really good tournament overall. And if the tie break with Rafa had just gone your way then who knows! Your net play disturbed him during the first set or so and then maybe your serve dropped a bit and Rafa began to take control. And as you say its a good base to build on during the season.

with best wishes to you and your family,

Mike
01/25/2014 | 04:47 AM
To be honest, the only time I watch tennis is when you are playing because it's a delight to watch you move gracefully around the court. I watch your match with Nadal and I think you need to triple the amount of practice of your backhand since Nadal tend to focus all his attack on your backhand. If you can conquer him with your backhand then I'm sure you will once again rise to world No 1. I look forward to watch you defeat him mercilessly in your future match. All the best Roger.
01/25/2014 | 01:46 AM
Never mind,Rog...still played a great tournament...nice work...I´m sure the time will come and you´ll win ´em all again...:) Wishing you and your family all the best..you´re the greatest champion of all times... fan from Slovakia
01/25/2014 | 12:25 AM
Rog, I am looking forward to a 2014 packed full of inspired performances
from you! I am sorry for your straight sets loss, of course but know you will get over it way before your fans will!
Love from your #1 fan in Vermont, the Switzerland of the USA,
Marilyn
01/03/2014 | 05:52 PM
Who cares your always the best.
12/22/2013 | 07:38 AM
ROGER i want to train you.
i will do that for free,
some of the important and valid facts.
please hire me.
-ASHISH
12/11/2013 | 02:17 PM
I am sure you will come out with a game plan to defeat Rafa this year in a major tournament! Wishing you all the best as always Roger.!