Roger defeated in final

05.01.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 2

Roger was defeated by Llyeton Hewitt in the Brisbane final 1-6, 6-4, 3-6.

"I didn't play great today which is a bit unfortunate. But also Lleyton was the best player I played this week. He made it toughest on me. So I have a clear idea what I need to work on, and I have a clear idea where my mind and body is at. I'm very hungry and eager to attack the Australian Open next week," Roger said. The Open starts on January 13th.

Roger committed a total of 22 unforced errors in the opening set and was broken three times. He fought back in the second set, securing it thanks to a break in in the ninth game. But our champ dropped his serve once again in the fourth game of the decider and unfortunately could not make use of his seven break points, eventually having to admit defeat after 2h 07.

01/15/2014 | 07:23 PM
Mr.RogerTennis***

Roger is more diplomatic than you and I - which means he won't say anything. Certainly you as a man of the world should also have an idea of acceptable behaviour.

A gentleman is only rude on purpose. So let me ask you if you would laugh wholeheartedly if someone told you about kicking your father's arse (assuming you loved your father).
But he just insulted your Dad, right? not you and Your Dad didn't speak up, so why should you speak up for your Dad, right?

Sure!
01/13/2014 | 12:55 AM
Yukimi,

I am sorry, I did mean CALM. Thanks for understanding. Anyways, I get what you are saying, but Roger seems to have no issues with Stakhovsky, so why are we feeling offended? Don't you think Roger would have a good idea of "acceptable" behaviour?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AO Day1: Women's Matches to Watch
01/12/2014 | 07:08 PM
I KNOW YOU MEANT TO SAY calm DOWN - PLEASE PROOFREAD YOUR WRITING BEFORE CLICKING SEND.

I DIDN'T DISLIKE STAKHOVSKY - IN FACT I WAS FEELING BAD FOR HIM, THE B--TARD, FOR LOSING IN SO MANY QUALIFIERS - I REALLY WAS.

HE GOT HIS BIG BREAK AND THEN SCRATCHED HIS OWN FACE IN PUBLIC - SHOULD WE CONDONE POOR BEHAVIOUR? - NOT ON MY WATCH.

CASUAL AND CONSERVATIVE IS SEPARATE FROM BAD MANNERS - FOR EAXAMPLE, I'LL BE CASUAL BUT NOT RUDE

HE CAN BE "CASUAL" TO YOU, BUT NOT ON MY WATCH.
YUKI
01/12/2014 | 04:36 PM
Yukimi, clam down. I am sure Roger gets the joke. Russians and Eastern Europeans are more casual and not as wound up and prim and proper like conservative cultures are. Example = Marat Safin. Take it with a pinch of salt and maybe you will see the funny side.

Do all Roger fans dislike Stakhovsky ? Is he like how Rafa fanatics view Rosol?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Australian Open 2014 preview: http://sportzcosmos.com/category/tennis-galaxy/
01/12/2014 | 11:00 AM
ONLY JERKS TALK LIKE THAT - SO YOU WOULD ENDORSE SOMEONE BEING A JERK SHOUTING IT OUT IF/AFTER SOMEONE KICKED YOUR ARSE? AFTER ALL , HE'S JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY - HOW SWEET and ADORABLE...

WAY TO USE HIS 15 SECONDS OF FAME...being disrespectful - so how SHOULD we teach our children to speak in public...or to their elders...or to their peers...or to YOU ??

yuki
01/12/2014 | 04:29 AM
Yukimi: He was just trying to be funny. Trust me, his tone was far from combative. Stakhovsky earned his 15seconds under the spotlight.

Let us not give that quote more attention that it deserves :) By mentioning it a lot, you only help spread it. Don't bother would be suggestion.

Who is your pick for the AO?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Australian Open 2014 preview: http://sportzcosmos.com/category/tennis-galaxy/
01/11/2014 | 01:58 AM
Yukimi - don´t forget to take the the pill. Stakhovski is right. Can´t blame him.
01/10/2014 | 07:58 PM
...So, I hope you consider what I said above and Win #AustralianOpen2014.
There is also an other way. Just watch your Previous best year's Matches. For ex. All your Grand Slam Final Victories (Especially 2010 AO and 2006 07 08 and so on. Then, You will get my Message Easily. Good Luck Roger!!!
01/10/2014 | 07:56 PM
...Win another 3 or More Slams.
2. All your Returns should reach them(opponents) faster so that, they won't get any time to think (for the placements and all) . So, except for the Drop shots, you should always return the ball with great Speed (above the Average Speed).
You have big Serves, able to hit as many Aces you need and Able to hit the ball to anywhere on the Court. So it's pointless not winning Titles with all these qualities. So, I hope you consider what I said above and Win #Austral
01/10/2014 | 07:54 PM
...(as they don't have to move) to think for the placement that throws you into Trouble. So, You must make your opponent move/run for your every return (by hitting the ball to the right places/placements). (And when you hit the ball (to return) , you shouldn't be careless). You Know What, you ain't used to hit the ball right to opponent's racquet in your best years. You kept doing it upto 2010(AO). That is why, you were able to Won that many Grand Slam Titles. So just do it again to Win another 3