Roger secures Swiss lead

31.01.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 2

Roger did not have to dig too deep to give Switzerland a 1-0 lead over Serbia, defeating Ilija Bozoljac (ATP 268) in the first-round tie of the Davis Cup in Novi Sad today.

"Ilija was playing well, especially in the second set," Roger said. "It was a tough game, it could have been one set all."

Roger wrapped up the match in under two hours. He only fell behind in the second set when he broke back to regain control and finally take the set. He eventually wrapped up the win without any further problems, securing his 33rd win in his 40th Davis Cup singles match. Stan Wawrinka faced Dusan Lajovic in the second singles today.

02/16/2014 | 11:11 PM
roger you rock, lotsa luv from south Africa

request - cant you have a series with all your important matches on dvd\?
02/04/2014 | 07:45 PM
AND G'NIGHT ALL.

WHEN THEY PLAN A COMMERCIAL, THEY SHOOT AND KEEP ALL THE SCENES THEY PLANNED - PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER TO MAKE A "MASTER".

THEN FROM THE "MASTER", THEY TAILOR-EDIT DIFFERENT COMMERCIALS FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES/COUNTRIES/GLOBAL EVENTS.

SO THE "SUMO ROGER' WILL MADE FOR JAPAN - THE "MESSI ROGER" PERHAPS FOR ALL OF ARGENTINA, WORLD CUP WORLDWIDE, SPAIN &/OR EUROPE ETC AND SO ON.

LOVELY "MASTER" AND ROGER WAS THE GLUE.

GLUE'NIGHT :-)
02/04/2014 | 07:34 PM
tanisluis***

WOW!

YUKI
02/03/2014 | 09:02 PM
Yes, great news, YUKIMI CJM, Rog himself twitted a couple of hours ago he is planning to play and he asked fans where the tie could take place......
I HOPE (and suggested) near the Italian border, but, anyway, if working schedule allows, I'll do my best to be there cheering together with all his fans!
Looking forward to it :-)
Tennis on TV is great, but live is totally different. Even when I was younger I tried to go to matches and I managed to see McEnroe playing in Milan,where I live. GREAT!
02/03/2014 | 08:24 PM
cjm***

THANKS FOR "the news THAT Roger is now planning to join Stan and Seve in Davis Cup in April."

GREAT NEWS AND HAPPY B-day FOR YOU THEN.

G'NIGHT ALL, YUKI
02/03/2014 | 08:21 PM
HULIETTA***CERTAINLY YOUR NAME MUST BE AVAILABLE AGAIN NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED - COME BACK TO THE FAMILY - MANY PEOPLE, FOR EXAMPLE, *92*, AND MANY OTHERS, NOTE YOUR ABSENCE AND WANT YOU BACK-THEY MISS YOU :-)

YUKIMI
02/03/2014 | 08:18 PM
*TANISLUIS*CJM*OTHERS
I WAS SO BLESSED TO WATCH ON LIVE TV AS CASH, CONNORS, ASHE, McENROE, EDBERG & BECKER ALL WON THEIR WIMBLEDONs.

SO GLAD TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND LOVE FOR THE GAME - MAY ROGER STAY WITH US AS LONG AS HE CAN, AND MAY WE, ALL BE BLESSED BY EVERYONE OF HIS MATCHES THIS YEAR AND MANY YEARS TO COME.

HULIETTA, CERTAINLY YOUR NAME MUST BE AVAILABLE AGAIN NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED - COME BACK TO THE FAMILY - MANY PEOPLE NOTE YOUR ABSENCE AND WANT YOU BACK-THEY MISS YOU
02/03/2014 | 08:02 PM
I have just seen on the news, Roger is now planning to join Stan and Seve in Davis Cup in April. What brilliant news! I hope he keeps fit for then. It could be a birthday present for me!
02/03/2014 | 07:59 PM
I remember those days TANISLUIS as well. I used to follow Bjorg and Becker especially, but I had no TV to watch and get hooked on the game in those days! It is the baseline, I can hit the ball harder than you tennis I detest! Hence hating the game of Nadal with his grunting and Djokovic, bouncing the balls and bearing his chest like a war dance. Yuk! I prefer to watch Rog win, of course, but I know he can't do it all the time. I am just happy to watch him play his intelligent game while he can!
02/03/2014 | 07:02 PM
You know guys, I have always loved tennis, I used to root for McEnroe, Becker, Edberg (I'm quite old-aged myself as you can see....) Loved serve and volley and aggressive game. Because of Agassi and the likes I simply stopped watching: I hated that baseline superpower tennis. Then, one day, I watched Roger playing on grass, on that sacred Wimbledon centre court and...bling... I felt MY beloved game of talent and art was back :-) Since then I 've tried not to miss a single match with Roger