Roger moves on in Dubai

24.02.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger moved into the second round in Dubai after an easy 6-1, 6-4 win over Benjamin Becker today.

Roger found into the match right away, securing the first set without any problems. In set number two, our champ managed one break - which was enough to wrap up the win after one hour and two minutes of play.

Roger will now meet either Radek Stepanek (ATP 48) or Michael Russell (ATP 106).

02/26/2014 | 08:18 PM
WATCHED YOUR WHOLE MATCH - YOU WERE GREAT - BUT YOU MUST CUT OUT THOSE MENTAL WALKABOUTS - WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU AGAINST THE TOP TEN.

HAPPY TO SEE YOU SO FIT AND FLEET FOOTED.

YUKI
02/26/2014 | 06:59 PM
I am still high on the fact that in decider roger was 0-2 down but he took five games in a.row and relieved a billion hearts..
02/26/2014 | 06:50 PM
Have a very good rest tonight Roger. I am sure you are feeling very lucky that you got through today. I hope you are not too tired tomorrow at that the match with Rosol is easier. I am sure you you must have learnt a lot today. As you said Roger it got a bit ugly today and was not a pretty sight. You need to come out fighting and hold that level throughout the match. You can do it Roger, take today as a wake up call!
02/26/2014 | 06:47 PM
Bravo Roger! I love when you are losing and come back in the match, I think your mental became stronger and you know you can win even if you aren't in the good moment or day! Have a good night, tomorrow is another day! Good luck for the next!!!
02/26/2014 | 06:40 PM
been here before, watched the highlights of the match (the comments that is) and found out what I ve been saying long before: Roger is a MOMENTUM player... if he wants to win another GS title, he needs to stop being a momentum player and play like a WHOLE MATCH player... if he faces tougher opponents like this they will eat him for sure!
02/26/2014 | 06:38 PM
That was a real fight for Roger vs Radek! Radek played so well, and of course had nothing to lose, the usual story. Well done Roger for another great win!!
02/26/2014 | 06:36 PM
I didn't see this match but it had to be so great!!! I saw Your shot under the legs, it's really nice work!!! GOO ROGER!!! GOO!!!
02/26/2014 | 06:35 PM
Roger and Rosol never met before, so it should be an interesting match to watch.
02/26/2014 | 06:31 PM
☆ Congratulations great lion!!! It was a very disputed game!!! You fight like a warrior!!! Thank you for making us so happy Roger!!! I love your aces!!! The other players when play with you always seem to struggle more than other opponents to give the best of themselves, thus making them a good show for both. Take care and have fun. Have a good night rest. All the best for the next!!!! ☆

☼ Best wishes always!!! ☼