Roger cruises into quarters

13.03.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger booked a spot in the quarters in Indian Wells with a clear 6-4, 6-4 victory over Tommy Haas.

Roger found his rhythm right away and was in charge throughout the entire match. He managed to break Haas a total of three times, only having to drop his own serve on one occasion. Our champ converted his first match-ball after 84 minutes. He now leads the head-to-head against Haas 13:3.

After his titles in Indian Wells in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2012, Roger is now among the last eight where he will meet South Afiica's Kevin Anderson (ATP 18) who eliminated Roger's fellow countryman and doubles partner, Stan Wawrinka.

03/14/2014 | 08:56 AM
Well done Roger so pleased for you and hoping that you will outplay Dolgopolov. Kia Kaha (Be Strong, Stay Strong) and in Health and Happiness!!
03/14/2014 | 08:47 AM
Cont....

Why don't the losers (critics, etc) just listen to Roger when he says there is nothing wrong with him, he still knows how to play tennis, his game is still there and that all he has is a backproblem. Why don't they listen to him when he says I am NOT retiring, once my back is fine I will win titles again.

And to think ACCORDING TO ROGER he will be his best by April or May.
And he already is making SF and more at all the tours he is entering.

THIS YEAR ROGER WILL WIN RG AND WIMB
03/14/2014 | 08:44 AM
Hey Vishakha Rani,

all the critics are tripping over each other to be the first to write good stuff about Roger and to say that he is back or that he never had left.
On Bleacher Report you read their tweets. They are DRULING over our Roger.
Last year if they had their way Roger would have retired.
NOW LOOK !!! Roger is number 6, can go up to number 4 and if that happens has the most points for WTF. Now how about that???
03/14/2014 | 08:30 AM
.....congratulations roger once more...keep on trying....thank you ...so glad !!!!

love and support always...
03/14/2014 | 08:29 AM
Nice win champ!!!! Love the form and confidence. Keep it up in the semis against dogolopov.
03/14/2014 | 08:06 AM
Awesome win! That second set was a pure demonstration of what fitness, experience and multitalent can do against a tall guy relying on big serve.

I'm reading comments of astonishment on every platform you can think of. Roger has got the world turning heads again.

Very proud of being an unconditional fan!!!
03/14/2014 | 07:55 AM
Wow, i knew Roger would beat Anderson. Looks like the 'real' king is back in town, guys. I'm so proud on how Roger is playing. He hasn't dropped a set yet. Amazing! Too bad, I only saw one match of Roger :-( but as long I'm waking up, check the score and see Roger has won, I'm happy.

Big hug to Roger!
03/14/2014 | 07:47 AM
Demolition man is back! Straight sets, peRFect!
I did not see the match Roger, but the scores say it all. Congratulations and thank you with big hugs for making us all so very happy!
Good luck to you and Stan for the doubles SF
Two trophies a in IW? It would be peRFect! Allez Fedrinka!
03/14/2014 | 07:21 AM
Congratulations Roger. Good luck for the semi -final match @ Indian Wells.
03/14/2014 | 06:51 AM
Dear IDOL,
Many many congratulations! I'm so happy seeing your services are also coming back on right track. Two more to go & I don't think those would be of much problem provided you just play like this or better. Thanks for entertaining.
All the best in semi.