Roger right on track

27.03.2007 | Tennis

Roger will get a chance to revenge his defeat by Guillermo Canas in Indian Wells after setting up a fourth round meeting with the Argentinean at the Sony Ericsson Open, who busted his 41-match win streak two weeks ago at Indian Wells.

Roger struggled for a time not only with heavy-hitting Nicolas Almagro (ESP/29) but also with chair umpire Mohammad Lahyani and a few lines people with whom he had issues, but he was never in serious trouble in a 7-5, 6-3 win. He clearly found his rhythm at the start of the second set, breaking Almagro three times in a row.

Asked if he was ready for Roger, Canas replied: "Yeah, I am ready. Yes, I'm ready. I'm ready to enjoy it again, to be in the center court against the No. 1 in the world," he said confidently. Roger doesn't often have more unforced errors (26) than winners (24), but he did against Almagro, and his lack of consistency did annoy him. "If I look at the whole match, I think it was a very good one and I can build on that for the next match."

The next one is certainly one of the exciting matches a great number of fans have been hoping for!

03/28/2007 | 08:14 AM
Listen to me, Roger.
too much interview, too many activities. You are losing your concentration.

In all sports, NOthing too FANCY, Just Get the job done and Win it. That's what Canas, Nalbandian, and Nadal always do to beat you.
03/28/2007 | 08:09 AM
hi honey
always remember 1 thing ur the best'
so take it easy
i know that this title is urs dear
all the best 4 rest of tournament
love u
take care
03/28/2007 | 07:11 AM
I am so tired of everyone saying don't worry you are going to win the French, you are going to win another 5 Slams ect. Today you are a looser and you are now in great danger of loosing your no 1 spot to Nadal by the end of the year. Nadal is also burstin
03/28/2007 | 07:09 AM
Dear Roger,
I hardly got any work done this afternoon watching your match. I was at Indian Wells 2 weeks ago, and was stunned at your loss there. Today you were close to winning, but somehow Canas got the better of you. I know you are really busy now
03/28/2007 | 06:20 AM
Roger,

I know that you will not read this message, anyway I will write it. Please, you are the best, really the best. If Canas would like to just return the ball, do it. You don't need to win teh point everytime. You need to believe in yourself again.
03/28/2007 | 06:16 AM
Roger,

You lost to Canas today and we all feel sad. However, look at the big picture that your main goal is to concentrate on winning majors. If you win 5 more you will be the all time record holder !!! That takes time and patience and trying
03/28/2007 | 06:08 AM
Hi roger , sabes roger me siento triste por el partido jugado hoy contra cañas, mira roger la vida nos pone obstaculo tu eres un gran deportista y un excelente ser humano , animos roger se que te va ir mucho mejor en los torneos en pista de ladrillo, eres
03/28/2007 | 05:41 AM
Hi Roger

I am very sorry to hear the loss. In fact this match was well played.

As one of the fan said, you always improve when you loose. When you have many challengers thatz when your game improves.

I am glad that this gives you enough time to
03/28/2007 | 05:11 AM
Dear Roger,
When we looked at the past in some match with you lose to someone. The reason are you took high pressure in your shoulder, we known cause you don't want the Roger’s fan to be disappointed. Please, do not do that anymore, so if you want to be
03/28/2007 | 05:05 AM
Hi Roger,

I just got back from Miami where I saw your matches against Querrey and Almagro. It was great watching you in person. I also saw Mirka.
I am sorry about your loss to Canas tonight. I did not see it, my sister told me about it. I am very