Back-to-back loss

28.03.2007 | Tennis

"I was in total control after I broke back in the first set. I'm happy with my level of play but disappointed to lose. He's improved and tightened up his game. I couldn't put him away, unfortunately." These were Roger’s words after the second defeat against Agrentina’s Guillermo Canas: 6-7 (2), 6-2, 6-7 (5) this season, at the Miami Masters.

Looking well in control, our number one began the third set with a break but lost it for 3-all. When the set went to a tiebreaker, Canas rose to the occasion. Roger saved one match point before Canas sent an ace past to win. Having come closer this time, but converting only a quarter of his 16 break points and committing more than 50 unforced errors, Roger saw himself in front of a hard task. It is only the fifth time in his career that he has lost back-to-back to the same player.

"I didn't think about it," Roger said of his Indian Wells loss. "I knew this match would be totally different. I expected myself to win tonight. It's one of those matches I should have never lost."

Next up is the start of the clay season with Monte Carlo in mid-April.

05/17/2007 | 07:28 PM
I love you when you win or when you lose!!! For me you are the champion!
04/22/2007 | 02:58 PM
Dear Roger,
Remember that we are always with you, whether you lose or win.
Best of luck
04/14/2007 | 09:31 AM
You are as much a gentleman in defeat as you are when winning That is the sign of a true champion Good luck for the next rounds
04/12/2007 | 08:19 PM
Hey Roger, Don't even bother about those loses, you gotta let other players win sometimes :) All the best for the clay court season. I wish you'll kill all the hopes Nadal got this season, just go for his first serve and dont let him dictate the game from
04/12/2007 | 01:02 PM
serve for the french open Mr Perfect
04/12/2007 | 01:00 PM
i want to see federer holding the french open cup
04/11/2007 | 12:12 PM
i'm sorry for the loss...but i guess....well...nxt tym....hehehehe....don't feel so down...it happens even to the best... you're always be the best of all time...so...cheer up
04/09/2007 | 03:09 AM
Roger, I'm sorry for that loss, which should never have happened. It means there is no small enemy and you can never lower your guard. He had nothing to lose, so he played risky and won. The way you won the second set andadvanced in the third can prove ho
04/06/2007 | 08:01 AM
Hi great Roger,

don't worry, you played well and it was only a difficult moment...have you a beautiful clay season...I'll see you in Rome in May...I have already bought tickets from 3rd round to final... :)
04/06/2007 | 07:02 AM
Hola
Roger no hay ´porque preocuparse
suele pasar
aunque cuando uno se acostrumbra a ganar todo el tiempo, al momento de perder se hace las cosas dificiles, pero tu no debes de pensar asi, esto pasara y tu seguiras con tu gran juego, eres el mejor, est