Seventh Halle title!

15.06.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 3

Roger won his seventh Halle title with a 7-6(2), 7-6(3) victory over Alejandro Falla.

Roger scored the first break of the match towards the end of the first set, but missed the chance to serve out the set. In the tie-break, he scored five points in series to go from 2-2 to take the set. In the second set, neither of the players managed to break serve so it came down to a tie-break once more, again with Roger in charge as he secured the win in just under 90 minutes.

The victory in Halle is Roger's 79th overall title on the Tour, his second title of this season. It certainly was the perfect preparation for Wimbledon starting Monday, June 23.

After celebrating his singles title, Roger later stepped onto the court once more for the doubles final together with Marco Chiudinelli. The Swiss pair started off perfectly, taking the first set 6-1, but eventually lost the second set 5-7 after a late break and eventually 10-12 in the decider against Germany's Andre Begemann and Austria's Julian Knowle.

06/27/2014 | 01:33 AM
Congratulations Roger

A fan in Montreal
06/23/2014 | 06:47 AM
Congratulations Roger for your 7th Halle title! I am so proud and happy for you. Now, please win the wimbledon title.
06/22/2014 | 02:42 AM
Congratulations, Roger. I'm so happy for your win in Halle! You're still my all-time favorite and best player. Naturally I always want you to win every match, but win or lose, I'm never disappointed to see you play! You're still playing great tennis. Good luck at Wimbledon on Monday. I'm on the west coast in the U.S. and will be getting up early to catch your matches. My sincere best wishes to you.
06/21/2014 | 04:09 PM
Congratulations to 79th title!!! It was great to be there. I'm so happy I could see You won tournament, really nice moment!!! I'm looking forward to Wimbledon and it will be absolutely amazing. GOO ROGER!!! GOO!!!
06/20/2014 | 08:10 PM
Roger come up with mire effective strategies and.mind set to beat nadal...!
06/20/2014 | 08:05 PM
italia lose:-/
06/20/2014 | 08:01 PM
Anyone following the WC?
England truly knocked out now. Costa Rica beat Italy as well and qualify for the Round Of 16.
06/20/2014 | 06:16 PM
Roger's first round match will be played on Tuesday.
Late start, but I guess the idea again is to get as used to the Wimbledon grass as possible.
06/20/2014 | 05:54 PM
there is a very helpful person who is always giving us very interesting & helpful links to various websites incl. his own, I think.

- I think his experience and personality would be very helpful towards being a top web moderator.

yuki - out of computer access for 4 days. Go Roger & will watch him 1st match in the Countryside
06/20/2014 | 04:31 PM
Here we go again talking about an easy draw for Federer sometimes people
never learn their lesson lol