Roger flies into quarters

01.07.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger served his way into the quarter-finals at Wimbledon with a straight-sets victory over Tommy Robredo today: 6-1, 6-4, 6-4

It took our champ under two hours to defeat Robredo. It is the 12th time in his career that he will play the quarter finals at Wimbledon.

Roger next faces Stan Wawrinka (ATP 3)or Feliciano Lopez (ATP 26).

07/02/2014 | 08:23 PM
"who was that babe with the flowers on her head...looked indian ;)" Yes I thought so too.
07/02/2014 | 08:18 PM
@ULTRASTARK
Thanks. You are right with speed facts.
@CJM
If Roger is Swiss no-1then he has to become world no -3 that I knew.
07/02/2014 | 08:17 PM
A belated hi Everyone! For some reason I had no internet connection all day until now! After the first set I thought oh oh but in the end Roger's genius prevailed. I'm so so happy! And of course prior to that DDimitrov's win over a certain Scot! - Magic! Love you Roger X
07/02/2014 | 08:05 PM
Serve speed only gets you so far. Ask Isner and Karlovic. Raonic has an excellent serve and a good forehand, but he doesn't move that well, and his backhand and net play need improvement. So for now Roger should have the edge. It will be different in 2 years though, Raonic keeps on improving.
07/02/2014 | 08:01 PM
indeed fuhrer, at present kyrgios looks gassed so it is probably gng to be raonic..raonic not returning ewell but the FH as powerful as ever much like waw's BH toay....so fed will obviously play to raonic's BH...commentator said raonic coach ljubicic says he can serve at 150 mph :0
07/02/2014 | 07:56 PM
I don't know if he has reached world number 3, maybe because I am pretty sure he is now officially back to Swiss No.1. Not bad for a so called "oldie!"
07/02/2014 | 07:55 PM
we should go for Raonic....the mobility is the key to success.... aside his brutal serve, his backhand languishes but he does not cope well with long rallies.... that should be a lethal weapon against him.

On the other side, I really reallly think Dimitrov will beat nole to pulp. Did you see nole's unforced errors stat? look at dimitrov??? he is playing like Fed in 05 and 04...
07/02/2014 | 07:54 PM
Somnath, he must win the next match to become number 3.
07/02/2014 | 07:53 PM
Plus, of course Raonic is more of a known player for Roger. Kyrgios is an unknown quantity for Roger and he has already shown what he can do when he is faced by a top ten player and has nothing to lose. Raonic I think is the preferred next opponent for Roger.
Get a good rest and massage Roger, you did very well today, it was good you were pushed! I am very happy you have made it this far. The next matches will be very hard, but you can do it!
07/02/2014 | 07:51 PM
yeah, but Kyrgios in my opinion represents a bigger threat because of the unknown factor....

Raonic on the other side, if moved accros court he will falter physically because the man's a giant.

Otherwise, imagine, just imagine a final between Roger and Dimitrov!!!!!!