Toronto: the draw

04.08.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

A month after Wimbledon Roger will rejoin the ATP Tour for the Rogers Cup in Toronto.

Roger is the number two seed at the Masters 1000 tournament that he has won twice so far (2004 and 2006). After a first-round bye our champion will play the winner of the match between Jerzy Janowicz (ATP 51) and Peter Polansky (ATP 129).

After that, he could meet Marin Cilic (ATP 18) and later David Ferrer (ATP 6) or John Isner (ATP 12) in the quarters. In the semi-finals, an encounter with Tomas Berdych (ATP 5) is possible.

08/06/2014 | 09:20 AM
A good win Roger, well done!
I could not watch but kept waking to follow the scores and stats. The stats on the first set were a bit down but, wow, you treated everyone to a bagel in the second. I think you found his game and your rhythm at that point! With all this I cannot say I got a good nights sleep, after Roger I did the same for Stan!
08/06/2014 | 08:52 AM
His aggression & his confidence was obvious. That's real good sign. Hope he carries on that. Only concern is his 17 UEs though that can be ignored considering it his first match after a big gap. Amazing , where were those energy blasts coming from? He is certainly looking rejuvenated & healthy. Hope he excels on that.
08/06/2014 | 08:23 AM
Dear Roger
Congratulations! I'm so happy you were so good! Wish you all the best and good luck! Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the match, but I'm happy you won!
Go, Roger, gooooo!
Love, Mimi
08/06/2014 | 07:55 AM
Congrats!
Only 52 minutes to win your first match against Polansky.
Good luck next round and enjoy the tournament.
08/06/2014 | 07:32 AM
Congratulations Roger. Good luck for the next match. Have a great tournament.
08/06/2014 | 06:18 AM
Yes Roger Yes!!!!!
You show the world why tennis was made for you, and why you made for tennis. Beautiful, excellent, wonderful...we simply run out of words to describe your play.
Keep Stephan by your side and your lovely family on the sideline.
Your happiness shines in and of the court.
God Bless all RF World!!!
Go all the way Maestro.
08/06/2014 | 04:27 AM
Yes so pleased for you. Your AMAZING in your playing and INSPIRATIONAL it defies belief sometimes. HAPPY DAY AND HAPPY DAYS !
08/06/2014 | 03:31 AM
So happy that u r doing so well.
08/06/2014 | 02:48 AM