120th final!

10.08.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger rolled into the Toronto final thanks to a clear 6-3, 6-4 victory over Feliciano Lopez (ATP 25) - making his 120th final!

"I think I served well, I was aggressive and I was able to really play the way I wanted to play tonight. I'm very happy," Roger said.

Roger was in control right from the start and needed just one early break in each set to smoothly book his spot in the final after 82 minutes of play. He will now meet Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (ATP 15) as he aims for a 22nd Masters-1000 title and an 80th tournament victory. Roger leads the head-to-head against Tsonga 11-4.

08/11/2014 | 01:46 PM
****MI5***

good for you always looking at the bright side but looking at the ranking
ND 12.860 RN 11.670 and than.............................Federer 6.670 a lot of
of wins needed (lol)
08/11/2014 | 12:21 AM
Casper_AMR it's just math really. Of course every true fan will be tensed and supportive always, whatever the outcome but let's be realistic about this, to win even 2 title will be extremely tough, forget about No1 and all of them. Nadal gathers strength, I wouldn't be surprised as many people point out it's just a ploy before the UsOpen and Djok is always there (if the family thing doesn't grow to be too much for him). Roger REALISTICALLY can win Basel, WTF and DavisCup this year That's it/
08/11/2014 | 12:16 AM
CASPER

I know, he can do it. There are plenty of tournaments to go. I just mean, at this point of the year Nadal is making 0 points. And that is to take advantage of.

Still a final. Still doing much better than numbers 1 and 2.
08/11/2014 | 12:15 AM
MI5, you're absolutely right, it's just pure pleasure to watch Rog on the court win or lose. Tsonga played amazing stuff, that's the truth but Roger apart from phenomenal netplay was just awful today and Jo as was pointed out was a deserved winner but it's still a shame Rog lost. Nevertheless, if you think about it, Roger wasn't that good this tournament really (Polansky was no competition a really weak player, Ferrer and Lopez played pretty average, only Cilic was a truly in form player.
08/11/2014 | 12:11 AM
Mi5
Roger still can finish the year as # 1.
He is now just away from Djoko 2000 points
If he could win Swiss indoor so he is still away 1500 points.
3 masters, one GS and WTF are 6500.
Believe in your hero and give him more support.
08/11/2014 | 12:08 AM
Too bad you didn't win today. The break in the first set was so untypical for the match and gave Tsonga an enormous advantage that he hadn't deserved up to hat point.

Hope to see you lift the trophy next week, dear Roger, but most important I'm enormously happy just to see you playing.

Love you always, no matter the result.
08/11/2014 | 12:06 AM
And to Fancyfree, I know I shouldn't say anything about you because I'm totally new here, and it's not an attack or anything from my side but when people accuse you of being a Nadal fan and justifying him too much, they are right. I won't say that you're not Roger's true fan (because what would you be doing here so often) but you're at least equally a Nadal fan and it's blatantly obvious.
I really have nothing against you ;), just wanted to point this thing.
08/11/2014 | 12:05 AM
Good idea fancy
08/11/2014 | 12:05 AM
The magic was just not there today, sadly.

And as TRUETENNISFAN says, it is a shame for the points that a Roger could get closer to Nadal to finish as #2 of the year.
08/10/2014 | 11:58 PM
Apart from saying hello, I wanted to also say that it wouldn't bother me that Roger doesn't win much the last couple of years if not for Nadal and the huge possibility that he might overpass Roger in GS titles because it's ridiculous that this guy might be considered the goat, really it's absurd that a man who is suspected by give or take half of the tennis world of we know what, of being master in gamesmanship and benefiting from slowing down the hard courts etc. is considered for this