Roger vs Rafa in Monte-Carlo Final

21.04.2007 | Tennis

Roger will meet two-time defending champion Rafael Nadal in a repeat of last year’s final at ATP Masters Series Monte-Carlo on Sunday.

He recovered from a slow start to beat No. 16 seed and former two-time champion Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3, 6-4. He fought back from a 3-1 first set deficit by winning seven games in a row on a sun-drenched day at the Monte-Carlo Country Club. He sealed his seventh career win in ten meetings over Ferrero in one hour and 25 minutes.

"I think I'm playing good in defense and offense. I'm returning pretty good. Usually for me for some reason that's the hardest part on clay. Should be the easiest because the surface is the slowest, but I've always had issues early on in the clay court season where I just feel that my returns weren't good enough. But I feel good and I feel like I have options to play on clay. My serve is coming along nicely, too. So, yeah, I'm happy the way I'm playing, " Roger said.

Roger, who will attempt to win his third title of the year, will next meet Rafael Nadal. The world number two and claycourt king defeated 10th seed Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic 6-0 7-5 in Saturday's semi-finals.

04/22/2007 | 06:33 PM
Dear Roger!
I congratulate you with reaching Monte Carlo final.Honestly, I can't really imaging what kind of mental effort it cost to you. The expectations of your winning got really annoying. You came to this tournament after 2 losses and got to the fin
04/22/2007 | 06:21 PM
You knew that it could happen. One will see that you are going to have to change to win to him in this surface... He won, with Cañas you lost. There is a great difference,.
Here. in the first Set you were close, soon your mind…., perhaps imposes a game
04/22/2007 | 06:14 PM
Roger,
I do now believe that Rafa will always be your formidable opponent on clay as long as he is around, and RG is a high mountain to climb to achieve. If you do not really believe that you are that good in clay, forget it as well. My only hope is yo
04/22/2007 | 06:04 PM
I love Roger and have been so in the past 4 years. Roger has gained lots of weight since the Aussie Open. If you look at his pictures at the U.S. Open 7 months ago, he had zero body fat. He jumped and ran like a ballet dancer with grace. I noticed his wei
kriko
04/22/2007 | 06:04 PM
¡¡¡¡¡ROGER, ERES NUESTRO ADMIRADO ÍDOLO, SABEMOS QUE TENDREMOS LA VENGANZA EN ROMA, EN HAMBURGO O EN ROLAND GARROS, PORQUE ERES EL MEJOR DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS, TE QUEREMOS, TE RESPETAMOS Y SEGUIREMOS SIENDOS TUS FANS, PASE LO QUE PASE, GO, GO, GOOOOOOOOOOO
04/22/2007 | 06:04 PM
Your fans believe you can beat Nadal on clay. I so hope you believe you can as well. It WILL happen. jlh
04/22/2007 | 06:03 PM
It is not important that you lost to Nadal again. The most concerning thing is that how easily you surrendered to Nadal. Where was your fighting spirit. You looked beaten even before the game began. I hate to say , but I guess Wilander was quite right abo
04/22/2007 | 05:55 PM
To Debra:
I do not think in our post Mr. Federer can hear any "whisper of negativity", we are all his fans, when he is losing or winning. In fact, I have registrated myself as fan in the moment of his loss...
04/22/2007 | 05:53 PM
I don't even want to say Hi Roger. You have disgraced us. So may errors! Your % 1st serve was 55%, Nadal's 79%. How can you EVER win like that?? I'm sorry but I don't believe in you anymore. You are fat and out of shape. I think you serve so poorly becaus
04/22/2007 | 05:51 PM
Dear New Yorker,

your point of view is objective. Roger have to "ring" the revolution on Rafa!