Final: Roger vs. Nadal

19.05.2007 | Tennis

Roger rallied past Carlos Moya 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 today to advance to the Hamburg Masters final. He is most certainly looking to end a streak in which he has gone four straight tournaments without a title. And it certainly promises looks like an interesting encounter: opponent is no one less than Rafael Nadal!

"It's nice to come back from one set down," he said after the match. "I came out of it but I am still missing too much. You have to believe that you can come back."

Moya, a 30-year-old veteran who was ranked No. 1 in the world in 1999 but has now dropped to No. 36, had never beaten Roger in six previous meetings. "Today was the day to beat him; I had a feeling I could beat him," Moya said. "But at important moments, he brings out his best."

Roger saved three set points before losing the first set. Serving for the second at 5-3, he allowed Moya to save three set points and then dropped his serve. But a forehand winner in the next game put our star even. Roger broke serve for a 4-2 lead in the third and was on his way.

"I felt I was controlling the match," Moya said. "But with Federer, you can't expect to beat him until it's over. I had some break points but he came up with some great shots."

05/22/2007 | 02:42 PM
YEAH YEAH YEAH ! ! ! ! ! !

HOW SWEET IT IS ! ! ! ! ! !

Roger, I knew you could beat him! It was just a matter of time. And what perfect timing it was. I am so proud of you I could just burst! You played absolutely fantastic tennis, and on my birt
05/20/2007 | 06:12 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE WON IT!

YOU HAVE BEATEN NADAL ON CLAY!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS :) :) :) :)

YOU ARE THE BEST!!! YOU CAN WIN ROLAND GARROS :)
05/20/2007 | 06:06 PM
Dear Roger
What a winning.Congratulations.At last ,you beat Nadal in the final,especially in the clay court.Just only you can stop Nadal's winning streak.You make it.It just only you can give Nadal 6-0,especially in the final.I do know you can beat
05/20/2007 | 05:59 PM

Very very very happy , for your win.

It's unbelivable match , you 're the real No. 1 in the world of the tennis.

Bring your confident , patient , talent and luck to Paris in order to Win RG 20007.

Good luck ,
FIGHT FOR HISTORY of TENNIS
ROG
05/20/2007 | 05:57 PM
yes yes yes.
you played with your mind and you run with your heart.
LOVLEY YOUR KISS WITH MIRKA. SHE DESERVE ALL YOUR RECOGNITION FOR HER SUPPORT.
LOVE LOVE AND SUPPORT
AND I HOPE YOU ARE MORE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF
05/20/2007 | 05:48 PM
Roger,

You done a great job. I can't believe that you won Nadal. I am so happy with that. It is a amazing match. Congratulations!!! ^^
05/20/2007 | 05:45 PM
waaahh!!

master roger!

you did it!

u snapped the winning streak of rafa!!

i hope that u will play even better in RG...

we will pray for you!

05/20/2007 | 05:41 PM
Dear Roger,
Million of congratulations Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the best of the best and that 6-0 from the last set of the finale demonstrated it.
Now we can be sure that you are the king of the clay, not Nadal. You beat him on grass, hard and cla
05/20/2007 | 05:35 PM
Congratulations on beating Nadal on his favorite surface and so convincingly, especially serving a low ist serve percentage. It must have been an awesome display of power and fennesse. I wish I could have seen it. I was nervous following the match with li
05/20/2007 | 05:33 PM