Roger did it!

20.05.2007 | Tennis

Roger beat nemesis Rafael Nadal 2-6, 6-2, 6-0 to win his fourth Hamburg Masters title and end the Spaniard's record run of 81 straight wins on clay.

It was Roger’s first victory against Rafael Nadal on clay, ending the Spaniard's two-year unbeaten run on the surface. Our star struggled in the first set and faced break points early in the second, before breaking twice himself to claim the second set. He then raced through the decider 6-0, breaking three times for his first win on clay against the 20-year-old.

Roger’s victory also ended his own run of four tournaments without a title, his worst spell since he became world number one in February 2004. He is the first player to have captured the Hamburg title four times.

Nadal's 81-match winning streak on clay was an all-surface record. The world number two had won 13 consecutive tournaments on clay and had last lost on the surface to Igor Andreev in the Valencia Open quarter-finals in April 2005.

Later this month the Roger will attempt to win his first title at the French Open, the only Grand Slam event to elude him so far.

06/01/2007 | 07:33 PM
Now I'm sure : you'll win this year the RG!!!!!!!
05/28/2007 | 10:43 PM
Dear Roger,
I was out of town when you battled this historic match with Rafa. I got up at 5am to watch you on the internet to beat Nadal. Having been in your fan club for years, I cannot tell you how much joy it brought to me-- to the extent that oth
05/28/2007 | 09:01 AM
Thank You dear HERO !!!!!!!

I Knew You Will Be Successful.

PARIS IS YOURS. BE SURE
05/27/2007 | 02:12 PM
Dear tennis-maestro,dear tennis fans,I can't stay still as I'm so happy since Rogi's win over Nadal.At last.I'm watching the TV and can't believe my eyes- 6-0 for Rogi on clay.Unfortunately I was able to see the match at the end because I was too scared t
05/27/2007 | 02:12 PM
05/27/2007 | 02:31 AM
Hey Roger

Everybody here seems so excited. And I should say congratulations to you again; maybe it's the 1054th time here that people say these words to you. Well, how to define this victory? It’s just like a dream, but it’s definitely not. I admit tha
05/26/2007 | 12:01 PM
Yes Rogi!!!I knew you could do it:) you're the best my man:) I hope you (re)beat him in Roland:)
waiting for the Roger Slam:)
05/25/2007 | 08:17 PM
Congratulations, champion, still I can't belive that you beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rg will be yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05/25/2007 | 07:38 PM
Congratulations Roger on ur much needed Win against Rafa..
Trust me from what I see on Clay this guy is a complete package..Its the confidence and the ease with which he plays really makes it all the more difficult for others to compete against him on Di
05/25/2007 | 07:37 PM