Three sets and now the semis

18.08.2007 | Tennis

Roger had to struggle for his ticket into the Cincinnati semis, defeating  Nicolas Almagro 6-3 3-6 6-2.

Roger was unusually erratic as he dropped his first set of the week before recovering his poise to set up a clash with Lleyton Hewitt. "I actually think I played better today than I did yesterday," he told reporters. "The only problem was I had one really bad game which cost me the second set. I still thought my serving was good today and I hit better from the baseline."

Looking for his 50th career title, Roger broke in the sixth game but immediately dropped his serve before breaking for a second time to take the opening set.

08/18/2007 | 10:34 PM
for me the shot of the year so far was that one handed backhand flick passing shot in the third set when it was 4-3 15-15 I think. Absolutely incredible shot. Bravo Maestro! Another great victory. I, for one, am happy to see Hewitt back at such a high lev
08/18/2007 | 10:26 PM
Dearest Rogi,

You did it! Another final for you. That's fantastic. It was a real nail biter and stomach churner but you played great tennis near the end of the match and won.

So proud of you.
With love and admiration,
Jeanna xx
08/18/2007 | 10:00 PM
Dear Rog:
I just watched your battle against Lleyton. He's a fighter, but so are you and you defeated him. Congratulations for being in the final again.
See you tomorrow!
Kindest regards,
Luisg
08/18/2007 | 09:52 PM
Congratulations, Roger, you're in the final, exciting match! I just heard that if you win this tournament you'll also win the US Open Series. Pretty cool. No one plays the important points like you, for a sensitive guy you must have nerves of steel.
De
08/18/2007 | 09:52 PM
That was a lucky win!! I hope Roger has his head together tomorrow. I don't think I have seen such a sad match from him.
Good luck for the Final, Roger
Camille
08/18/2007 | 09:13 PM
Roger, You feed a hungry man and he eats for a day. You teach him to fish and he eats everyday. Same with Tennis. Can show you techniques to take the worries out of your game/mind. Simple but once you understand you fix problems on the run during the
08/18/2007 | 08:19 PM
Excellent Roger....

Undoubtedly the best of all the times. Good Luck in the games that you lack to raise again the wreath.

Erik
08/18/2007 | 07:30 PM
Dear Roger

It’s an interesting game when you played opponent who has massive power like Nicolas Almagro. You showed how excellent you are! You could break easily his first serve in the deciding set. And then your serving and return were good. So the de
08/18/2007 | 07:21 PM
Hello Dearest Roger! Many Many Congratulations on Reaching the Semi-Final. Unfortunately i couldn't watch the match but as i read the new it's really nice to read that u played very well in the quater, that's really great. This tournament is urs Roger.
08/18/2007 | 07:20 PM
Congrats Roger. Hope your form will improve.
Good luck vs Hewitt.