Roger eases into quarters

25.10.2007 | Tennis

Roger eased into the quarterfinals in Basel with a 6-1 6-4 victory over Juan Martin del Potro (ATP 49/ARG).

"I was happy with how the match went. I got out of the blocks fast and when he made errors I took advantage. I kept my errors to a minimum and I felt much more comfortable than in the first match," said Roger afterwards.

It took him just under an hour to seal a last eight showdown against German Nicolas Kiefer tomorrow. Roger has won the last eight meetings with Kiefer who crushed Austrian Stefan Koubek 6-3, 6-2.

10/26/2007 | 10:19 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
I Knew You Would Send Us a happy News after the match against kiefer~~~~
Tomorrow against Karlovic You Will Do It again!!!!!!! COME ON ROGER!!!!FIGHTING!!!
GOOD LUCK IN THE MATCH TOMORROW

GO ROGER!
10/26/2007 | 09:32 PM
well done,roger! great! good luck... xx
10/26/2007 | 09:14 PM
Hi Roger,
You eased into the semifinals with an easy win over Kiefer. Way to go!
Love,
Anne
10/26/2007 | 08:45 PM
Roger,

How I wish we could see the Basel tournament live here in the U.S.....

But, I understand next week's matches in Paris will be on The Tennis Channel. Hooray! Can't wait!

Best of luck in all your matches. You have quite a LARGE following
10/26/2007 | 08:16 PM
hello! Congratulation again , this Fedrere whom we know very well =)) i hope that your mood is getting better after this victory and i think you desserve all your magnifcent titles
Looking forword to watch the next match
With Love
Lina
10/26/2007 | 07:36 PM
QF LESS THAN DESERVE
SF LESS THAN DESERVE
FINAL LESS THAN DESERVE
TROPHY CLOSE BUT NO
CHAMPIONSHIP OH YEA
THE MATCH HAD JUST ENDED I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO POST MY CONGRATULATIONS YOUR VICTOY AGAINST KIEFER IS COMPLETELY EXPECTED YOUR TECHNIQUES W
10/26/2007 | 07:08 PM
MY CONGRATULATIONS RoGeR!!! It was fantastic match. I wish you good luck!!!
Love Always
10/26/2007 | 06:50 PM
Nice win Roger, next in line (of execution): Kiefer.
Just 3 to go (rather 2,5 now, you just won the first set against K.).
Kindest regards,
Luisg
10/26/2007 | 06:20 PM
your just simply amazing roger, I wish i could see you play live someday roger. Its my dream to watch you play live. your just the greatest.

take care always!!!
10/26/2007 | 05:29 PM
My congratulations Roger!!!!!!...a really good performance...you played so well...your real play...a wonderful, elegant, perfect play!!!
Good luck for your next match...be focused, no pressure, only play your best!!
COME ON CHAMPION!!