No. 1 for 4th straight year!

28.10.2007 | Tennis

Roger successfully defended his title at the Swiss Indoors in Basel with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Jarkko Nieminen of Finland.

It was the seventh title of the year and 52nd career crown for Roger, who already secured the year-ending world No.1 ranking for a fourth consecutive year!

Playing in the final of this tournament for the fourth time, our star captured his 10th consecutive win in the event, improving to 24-6 at his home event. Roger had a much easier time today compared to yesterday, playing in his 11th final in his last 14 events.

Roger captured five of the first seven games of the match before sealing the first set. Nieminen did rally by pulling ahead 4-3 in the second, but our champ fought back en route to improving to 8-0 all-time in the series. Outside of a surprising loss to David Nalbandian in the Masters Series Madrid two weeks ago, Roger has won four of his last five appearances in a championship match. Awesome, Roger!

10/31/2007 | 01:01 PM
Rogi You are the best
With Love
Lina
10/31/2007 | 11:49 AM
Hi Roger!!
First -of-all congratulations for your immense effort and interest over the game
You are truly a genious at the court
Enjoy your life both in game and personal life too :-)
All the very best to you for your Australian open coming year
Ma
10/31/2007 | 11:05 AM
CONGRATS CHAMP
YOU R THE BEST
GO FOR PARIS AND SHANGAI
YOUR #1 FAN
10/31/2007 | 10:39 AM
Hello fellow Roger fans! :)

If you liked the RF logo hats that Roger wore this year at Wimbledon and the USO, and can't seem to buy one - do check out the RF hats petition thread on the English ‘Roger Off Court’ forum here at RF.com (link: www.rogerfed
10/31/2007 | 06:07 AM
My dear Roger the great,

Congratulations to you for winning your hometown tournament in Basel and securing your number one position for fourth straight year. Both are very special to you, I know that. Two special things happened together, that is ver
10/31/2007 | 02:09 AM
Well done!
I loved see you want to win,I hope you begin Paris with the same way.
10/31/2007 | 01:59 AM
Dear Kuetschuek,

Thank you for the translation. That was interesting. Not everybody goes into the forum, so I appreciate what you have done.

Regards,

Sadhana
10/30/2007 | 11:15 PM
felicitaciones por tu nuevo triunfo; congratuletion for you new tittle again , roger you are increible you simplemente are the best in de world
10/30/2007 | 11:02 PM
Pheonex0 asked for translations of RF’s interviews, I told her through this website private message system to look at my comments during the week of the Davidoff tournament, but I added this other extract, which I’m copying for other fans that enjoy “know
10/30/2007 | 10:53 PM
HOORAY! Bravo the Fabulous FEDERER!! What a way to win infront of your home people, so they say; 'in your own garden'. Finalement, this is the second year winnings in Basel and everyone must be thrilled (including me!;-) here in Geneva, to watch your g