Back on Track

14.11.2007 | Tennis

Roger recovered from his defeat by Fernando Gonzalez with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Russian Nikolay Davydenko in his second Masters Cup group match.

Our star demonstrated exactly how much his win meant by roaring with delight when Davydenko sent a forehand long on his match point.

Despite a few glitches along the way, including 39 unforced errors to just 23 winners, Roger looked extremely focused as he improved his round-robin record to 1-1 in the season-ending tournament.

Roger faces Andy Roddick in his final group match, needing a win to be sure of reaching the semi-finals.

06/08/2009 | 03:51 PM
You´re the best !!! For ever!!
I cried with you...I´m so happy for you!!!
Good luck in Wimbledon. Go for it!!
Love,
11/16/2007 | 02:32 PM
Come on! Roger, it was a fantastic match today. Hope you'll will tomorrow~~ All of us support you ^-^
11/16/2007 | 02:30 PM
The beast has been awaken!!! Good. Well done give us more of the same Roger. If you win we win! Plase tell me whom is playing against whom in the semis? Filo you still have to hope some more that your predictions come true. Two more chances. I suppose Rog
11/16/2007 | 02:24 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!
:):):) you are the best
11/16/2007 | 02:18 PM
Dear roger,
You really are back on track having beaten Andy Roddick so easily! You kept your concentration and didn't get complacent. Way to go! Good luck the rest of the way!
Love,
Anne
11/16/2007 | 02:04 PM
Hello fellow Roger fans! :)

If you liked the RF logo hats that Roger wore this year at Wimbledon and the USO, and can't seem to buy one - do check out the RF hats petition thread on the English ‘Roger Off Court’ forum here at RF.com (link: www.rogerfed
11/16/2007 | 01:51 PM
Congrats Roger!
What an awesome display against Andy - wrapping it up in 1hr 1min (as the true real World's No. 1). You seem to have this guy always in your pocket, eh?

I wish you the best in your match against Nadal - Sure you know u need a different
11/16/2007 | 01:51 PM

Hi Roger,
Congerat. You played really well
Good luck for the next one.
God Bless you.
E.N
11/16/2007 | 01:38 PM
To Filo,

Roger defeated Andy, NOW WHAT?
Let us celebrate and wish him well to defeat Nadal too. If he plays as well as he did today, he will win. The rest is history. He has just made my day so I can now get out of bed and plan a beautifu weekend.
Yo
11/16/2007 | 01:36 PM
Hi Roger,

The Roger Federer that I know was on a roll today, he came out swinging and defeated Andy Roddick without looking back. How proud of u am I Roger? Oh my God! second set was fantastic, he broke Andy and just ran with it, the game was over b4 i