Roger defeats Pete

20.11.2007 | Off Court

In an exhibition match between the giants of tennis present and past, our star defeated Pete Sampras in straight sets, 6-4, 6-3.

The match in Seoul is the first of three Asian exhibitions the two legends will play. The pair meet again Thursday in Kuala Lumpur before heading to Macau two days later.

Sampras brought cheers from the crowd at Seoul's Olympic Tennis Arena as he fired down two fierce aces in his first service game.

Sampras proceeded to break his opponent's serve and then moved 4-2 ahead courtesy of a delightful drop shot.

"I feel pretty good," Sampras told Korean television after the game. "I made it competitive, which was my goal. Obviously Roger is the best player in the world and I retired five years ago. I am grateful that he invited me."

Roger was equally happy with the workout: "Pete was one of my idols growing up and it's great to play him," Roger said. "It wasn't easy for me, it wasn't easy for him as he's been retired five years. I am number one and everyone expects me to win."

11/29/2007 | 04:52 AM
Hello fellow Roger fans! :)

If you liked the RF logo hats that Roger wore this year at Wimbledon and the USO, and can't seem to buy one - do check out the RF hats petition thread on the English ‘Roger Off Court’ forum here at RF.com (link: www.rogerfed
11/27/2007 | 11:00 AM
hey Roger it was really great to see that you won against Pete though I have not seen the match because it wasn't telecat on tv but yes I have seen the clipings of the match in news and in dw tv and also you both are the greatest but yes Roger but still
11/22/2007 | 03:09 PM
Does anyone know where to download this match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
11/22/2007 | 02:17 PM
Enjoy the show on Sat , Jo !
11/22/2007 | 01:54 PM
Welcome to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia Roger!!!
11/22/2007 | 10:52 AM
Well it is expected that Roger will win the match and basically Pete really made it interesting, but we can not compare Roger who is the world no. 1 with Pete who reteired 5 years ago. These matches are exhibition matches and people need to calm down and
11/22/2007 | 10:43 AM
hey federer you the best player and of course you will beat everyone by your mind and intelligent .I have a notes: I am so similar you when I wear clothes of tennis . good luck.
11/22/2007 | 09:15 AM
I was in awe the moment Rog stepped into the court. He came in with Pete Sampras from one of the spectator's entrances. The usual jumping & shouting for joy everytime he scored were reduced to polite clappings in respect too for the living legend he's pla
11/22/2007 | 08:55 AM
That's a great match. The fight between two greatest tennis players of all time. I wish you and Sampras enjoy your match!
11/22/2007 | 08:03 AM
Dearest Roger,

I missed your match against Pete as I was traveling yet again! Got home a couple of hours ago and I've set my alarm for 5.55am to get up and watch you play your second match. More of the same please, my Champ! Pete was the magic of ye