Andy Murray in round no. 1

02.03.2008 | Tennis

Roger will meet Andy Murray (ATP 12) in the first round of the Dubai Championships on Monday. Roger has not played since his defeat by eventual champion Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the Australian Open over a month ago.

Murray has won already two tournament in the first two months of this year. The head to head currently stands at 1-1, Roger took home the final in Bangkok in 2005, Murray won Cincinnati in 2006. Roger could meet fellow countryman Stanislas Wawrinka (ATP 34) in the round of the last 8.

"I knew the draw was going to be tough but this is obviously a bit more particular because my opponent's so high ranked," our star said. "He's already won two tournaments and I haven't even played two tournaments, so it's an interesting first-round match."

"I'm saving myself for what's ahead, and ahead is a lot of tournaments," he added. "From Dubai to the U.S. Open I'll not have more than two weeks off ever. So taking the break was all part of the plan. But I'm happy to be back playing, first of all, because I've been away from the game a little bit, taking it easy. It's only my second tournament in four months so I'm just excited being back healthy after struggling in Australia. Hopefully this time round I'll feel better on the court again."

03/07/2008 | 01:39 AM
Rog c´mon, Andy Murray is not an oponnent so strong, i Know that you must win this match and you will win this match my dear.
Don´t be nervous!
Your fan #1 Bru
03/05/2008 | 06:18 PM
Roger let us know what happens to you, please.
Is a coach problem? Some trouble in your private life? Other else? Please write tu us. I love you also if you fall down but I need to understand ......
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO YOUR FANS WHAT HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE!!
03/04/2008 | 12:31 AM
WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?! I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU LOST! This is no fun and games anymore. Your ranking is gonna be in jeopardy if you keep this up. Seriously, are you ok? Are you sick still? Haven't i been telling you get it together. Tennis is all in the
03/04/2008 | 12:13 AM
Dearest Roger,
I know you must be crushed - after the devastation of Melbourne, you would have wanted to reassert your primacy in your UAE comfort zone, Dubai; we all wanted it. This is a shock, yes, but in essence what ARE we looking at here?

03/03/2008 | 11:50 PM
p.s - Its upsetting to see people being critical of those who are critical of Roger.

That is ridiculous, we want to help. and sometimes a hard critique is necessary.

Too many compliments and not enough constructive criticism has a lot to do with th
03/03/2008 | 11:45 PM
its ok fed, we all know u will bounch back.....all that matters is the 4 majors and we all know u can do it!!!! :)
03/03/2008 | 11:41 PM
Anybody know the story of the hare and the tortoise?

The rabbit thinks he is so fast that he doesnt bother running until its too late and the turtle beats him in the race.

That is exactly the situation. If you rest on your laurels Roger, it breaks
03/03/2008 | 11:39 PM
Roger, I must say I was surprised at the outcome of your match with Andy. But, now you shake it off and move on. That's what my pets do! They have a tiff and move on. We can learn alot from them. Good luck in Indian Wells, Roger... :-)
03/03/2008 | 11:37 PM
Dear Roger,
Its still just the Beginning of the year and only 2 tournaments. It was an early tough draw and you normally warm up and play better as the matches continue.You are so talented, We'll miss watching you this week.Roger I wish you every succes
03/03/2008 | 11:12 PM
I don't understand why everyone is in a panic! Life has ups and downs. Right now, at this moment, Roger needs support from his family, friends, and fans. Either your with him or against him! I for one am with him and I hope all those who are against h