Early end in Dubai

03.03.2008 | Tennis

Unfortunately Roger's quest to defend his title in Dubai already came to an end today as he lost against Britain's Andy Murray 7-6(6), 3-6, 4-6. It was his first defeat in the opening round of an ATP tournament since August 2004.

"Normally I manage to win such matches. But not today," Roger analised. "One of the big guys had to go out. It's difficult but it could have been worse. It wasn't a bad match but that's the only positive I can take," he said. "I thought I was missing forehands by two or three metres. That's awful. You have it lined up and suddenly it's out which comes as a shock."

It is the second time Murray has defeated Roger, with the first in the second round of the 2006 Cincinnati tournament.

Next up for our champ is the NetJets Showdown against Pete Sampras next week in New York.

03/10/2008 | 09:20 PM
Am worried about your health and sincerly hope all well now. Am so looking forward to seeing you play in Portugal next month and I beg you to please not cancel your visit.
Know that Lisbon is not a very important country , especially in tennis, but we ar
03/10/2008 | 12:23 PM
Win and lost is just normal to everybody. No one can win every time. I quite sue that this lost will not discourage you but on the other hand it will release you some pressure and start up again even better than before.
03/10/2008 | 12:22 PM
03/10/2008 | 10:48 AM
u have always been the best and will always be te best just show them what you are made of Roger, to me you are a brother, an idol. Am all behind you till the end, just do what a man has to.

all the best Bro
03/10/2008 | 07:57 AM
DON'T BE SAD ROGER
YOU ARE STILL OUR IDOL
GO FOR OTHER TOURNAMENTS THIS YEAR

YOUR'S NO.1 FAN
PRABHAT
03/10/2008 | 04:12 AM
roger federer you are the best player in the entire world even if you loose or win. i love you sooo much that i will be your number one fan till the end of your entire career. and how come your ssoooo sexy. can i have your msn
03/09/2008 | 10:51 AM
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK
MIGHTY MASTER-please COME BACK

PLEASE ROGER COME BACK
03/09/2008 | 03:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear that,but I will support you as before and forever!
03/08/2008 | 09:23 AM
Hi Roger,
Mono is very serious. I hope you are resting, resting as much as possible. Rest is the best medicine, especially for mono. Things sure make sense now. I thought you didn't look like your normal self.
Jenny
03/08/2008 | 07:43 AM
Roger you are the best player and you know this , all other players fear your game , use it and trust yourself , don't forget you are champion of the world, we love you , we will be with you all matchs.