Quarter finals in Miami

02.04.2008 | Tennis

Roger went on to reach the quarter finals with a victory over unseeded José Acasuso 7-6(5), 6-2 in the Masters Series tournament in Miami.

"It was key for me to serve well, especially in the beginning, and it was a good serving day today," Roger said. "I was very happy with it." Having lost only 10 points on serve, he will meet Andy Roddick next.

Our 2005 and 2006 Miami-champ made it through to his sixth Miami quarter-final on the back of his impressive service game against the Argentine world number 45. He reached the fourth round there last year, but was upset by Guillermo Cañas.

04/04/2008 | 07:12 AM
the stats for this match overall were good for both fed n roddick, fed played that bad service game at end of 3rd set, which cost him the match, but hey gotta give credit to roddick, he served very well, and he prolly played the match of his life to final
04/04/2008 | 06:59 AM
Hi Roger hard luck today but surely you are showing signs of improvement. Andy had luck going his way on crutial points and thats what made the difference. i just have the feeling that this year you will fulfill your dream of winning at Roland Garros. Gud
04/04/2008 | 06:58 AM
Roger, it's so disappointing to se you lose against Roddick, the player whom you beat 15 times previously. It's total disappiontment as you haven't been able to win a single title this year? You were good in the second set but third one was bad.
But, yo
04/04/2008 | 06:41 AM
whats wrong with youu??
04/04/2008 | 06:24 AM
God bless you, baby...I love you.
04/04/2008 | 06:23 AM
Hi Rog,
Another Lost and another tournament gone. I don't think it is panic situation now. But I'm sure you are not really really recover yet even though you think you are. But at the same time, that's not execuse at all. Lost is a Lost. I can't comment
04/04/2008 | 06:13 AM
your smile makes me happy.
step by step - Good luck on your next match!
04/04/2008 | 06:11 AM
My dear Roger,
Win, lose or draw you will always be the most exciting man I have ever seen on the tennis court. You don't need advice from your fans. All you need is their support. I will stick with you no matter what and want you to know I am not alone
04/04/2008 | 04:55 AM
dear Roggi: I know you are not happy. Nobody like to lose, but you are an intelligent person with capacity to analyzer this time.
I think you need a rest to take doctor appointment's
to take a check MI and their impact systemic.
I do not know if it's
04/04/2008 | 04:44 AM
Bad luck, Roger..

But recently you've seemed to avoid using your backhand. Too many errors on your backhand..

We all love you, Roger!!!