Roger out in Miami

04.04.2008 | Tennis

Roger lost his quarter-final against American Andy Roddick 6-7, 6-4, 3-6 at the Miami Open.

It is the only the second defeat for our star in 17 career meetings against Roddick."I always said it's tough to play against Andy, you know, with that serve," said Roger, who was beaten with 17 aces. "He's always going to have a chance. That's why I'm quite amazed about my record against him."

"I think I did well to hang in there," Roger further commented. "Maybe this is one of the matches I should have won against him because he's had some other ones where I think he was supposed to win. This time around it went his way."

Roger had won the last 11 encounters with Andy Roddick, the head-to-head is now at 15-2. Roger will be heading back to Europe these days and is looking forward to the Estoril Open in Portugal and the start of the clay season.

04/15/2008 | 11:34 AM
Roger,
I hope you realize that your losses lately this year may have been teaching you something important. Yes, you are a great player no doubt about it. But you have to admit that you need a mentor. You need someone to tell you what's your wrong and la
04/14/2008 | 09:52 AM
My Dear Roger,

I have not posted a commnet for a while now because I was reflecting on the results of your last tournament. I also reflected on the results of the others. It is clear that everyone is trying very hard but usually for one tournament and
04/14/2008 | 07:21 AM
Thanks cbanct regarding my posts on the previous page.

The other issue is the double standards in the way the press treats Roger versus Tiger Woods. If you watched The Masters Tournament (one of the four golf Grand Slams), Tiger was quite lucky to been
04/14/2008 | 12:50 AM
Well,

There are some very knowledgeable Federer fans ! I enjoyed reading TonyN's comments. We Fed fans have been spoiled by the unprecedented success that Federer has had since 2003.
I was at the Miami match with Roddick. The only thing that Federer's
04/13/2008 | 06:09 PM
hi,
im not sure but do you have fatigue?
if so, thats ok.
you should be fine in june.

... ....
04/13/2008 | 04:21 AM
Roger....
Atlast ...you are working with Jose Higueras of Spain....
Congratulations & Good Luck at Estoril
04/13/2008 | 03:07 AM
even though this is a rare defeat we must admit something is up. Feddy, I just want you to return to full strength. Even if it means you missing a tournament and sacrificing some points. It may end up being better for you. Wouldn't want you to go through
04/12/2008 | 07:18 PM
Shell, interesting point you made about Agassi relating to my post on page 38. I did not include Agassi because I consider him in the next group after the GOAT group of Laver, Sampras, Federer and maybe Borg. But if Agassi is included, it is even emphatic
04/12/2008 | 07:11 PM
Thanks Tilou. Anyone is welcome to use the points and facts in my posts on page 38 to challenge any opportunistic journalist or dubious poster (whether or not from Djokovic’s camp) who is trying to make too much of Roger’s recent matches. Roger has only h
04/12/2008 | 06:39 PM
i dont know what to say i cant say that i am happy no i feel disapointed ,i dont want you to feel sad but if you stay play in that way you will never ever win a champion ther is hamburg and roland garros and other you have to chang the way how you play ,