First up: Cañas?

05.05.2008 | Tennis

This week Roger will be in action in Italy, at the Masters Series tournament in Rome. Having received a first round bye, he will meet the winner of the match between Guillermo Cañas (ARG, ATP 30) and Gianluca Naso (ITA, ATP 305).

Finalist in Rome in 2003 and 2006, Roger could play David Ferrer – finalist in Barcelona last weekend - in the quarter-finals and Serbia’s Novak Djokovic or Argentina’s David Nalbandian in the semis. Not an easy task.

Our champ has been in Rome since Saturday, training with Pierre Paganini for three hours on the same day and two hours on Sunday. He will be accompanied this week by Severin Lüthi, the Swiss Davis Cup Team captain.

Last year Roger was eliminated in the round of the final eight in the Foro Italico by Filippo Volandri from Italy. Go all the way this year, Roger!

05/07/2008 | 01:32 PM
TonyN & Tilou - you're very welcome. It's a pleasure to share those great articles and news.

It's hilarious the way Djoko's seeking for sympathy. He is obviously abusing the system....

Yeah, I agree with you that after watching Roger's great game ye
05/06/2008 | 07:33 PM
Hi TonyN,

Yes, I agree, this was quite bad from me… Actually, I had not heard about the tonsillitis. Thanks for making up for me by sending the cough drops. Whatever the case, I suspect that Roger’s level of play will make him feel worse (even with
05/06/2008 | 05:40 PM
If i could see your play and movements by review i know it can't be the same because these reviews just cut versions and not live. :( but i'll be glad if i can watch anything about it.
05/06/2008 | 05:37 PM
Amazing match roger ! kick Nadal's a** this time!
05/06/2008 | 05:25 PM
bad, bad Tilou. At least I'm sending the poor boy some cough drops. 'Tonsilities' is no laughing matter.

Can we believe him? Was the 'tonsilities' diagnosis done by an independent doctor, or his personal doctor? Sounds fishy because at his post-match c
05/06/2008 | 05:25 PM
Roger,

I missed your match, but you did it! Congratulations for the win against this tough opponent!
Great luck for this tournament!
Go, Roger!

All my love,
Kei
Your Japnaese fan forever.
05/06/2008 | 05:23 PM
I've been unable to watch you today but i will if i can find any review! But, i know the result, so congratulate!
05/06/2008 | 05:18 PM
Hey Rog,
Champ, I saw how you massacred Canas in the last round. Though I missed the first part of the match, I was so impressed by the way you played.....I'm so proud and happy for you. All I can say is you'll go all the way this year....I'm behind you
05/06/2008 | 05:16 PM
Today, Roger has just dismantled Canas!
Well done, CHAMP!
05/06/2008 | 05:09 PM
Brilliant start for Roger in a tough Rome draw. Rog won 59% of the points and had three breaks against a tough clay courter, winning in just an hour and 22 minutes. Guillermo Canas has 14 clay titles in his career (his 18 titles includes winning the Toron