Through to semis in four

04.06.2008 | Tennis

Roger rallied to defeat Fernando Gonzalez (CHI/ATP 25) 2-6, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 and reach the semi final at his 16th consecutive Grand Slam event.

"There was a lot of pressure, he was hitting the corners and I didn't know exactly how I needed to play him," said Roger. "It's never easy against him, but I played a good match."

Roger had played a very shaky opening set, missing several easy shots while Gonzalez, using his powerful forehand but also making some surprising backhands down the line, took the lead. Our star, however, righted the ship in the second stanza and ultimately cruised to victory, with the help of 11 aces and five breaks.

Roger will play on Friday against the winner from Spanish fifth seed David Ferrer and flamboyant Gaël Monfils, final Frenchman in the home field.

06/06/2008 | 11:08 PM
Alleyna

What a great post¡¡¡

I was not wrong when I said there are a good bunch of smart people here....

Unfortunately....some of th e opposite too.

Sunday will be a great day anyway...

Best regards.

Rafanatic
06/06/2008 | 10:00 PM
We all love Roger from the bottom of our hearts but via different expressions and means. Constructive opinions don't mean negative energy.

Roger is in better position playing Nadal than Djokovic does as displayed in today's semis. But Djokovic played b
06/06/2008 | 09:45 PM
Great Roger

Congratulations!
Best luck next Sunday. Stay focus, you can do it. You are the nº 1 and the best player in the world. But you'll have to work very hard. All your fans will be suporting you. You'll feel our positives energy. RG 2008 is you
06/06/2008 | 09:38 PM
TAKEKO- I had to leave the house before Roger won and I was a nervous wreck but I shouldn't have been. I really knew deep down that Roger would win and I will most definitely will be with you to send him energy and love when he plays on Sunday. This is go
06/06/2008 | 09:38 PM
you're right JSM, this is great community: very passionate and very cosmopolite! and though it feels great to talk to my mom about Roger and she likes him a lot, joining you on this site makes me feel more like "home" when it comes to this passion for te
06/06/2008 | 09:35 PM
Congratulations on your win Roger

Everybody who watched both semis on eurosport heard the commentators.
You have to be agressive to win the match. if you play in your confort zone that will just not be good enough against Nadal. Djokovic showed what p
06/06/2008 | 09:26 PM
Well done Roger, good luck on sunday
06/06/2008 | 09:23 PM
alleeyna
Thanks for your great post. You are lucky to have somebody, your mum, to talk to about this marvelous person, Roger, and his fantastic tennis. Most of us can share our passion and emotions only on this site.
Sunday is going to be great no matte
06/06/2008 | 09:23 PM
lucrezia,
This headline would be on Monday's news ;)
06/06/2008 | 09:19 PM
Yeah - VIVE ROGER!!!! I actually spoke to my parents in Switzerland not too long ago. They gave me the great news that you reached the Finals.
I am sending you all my positive Energy from New York. You can do this, you want this - let the Tiger out on Su