Second title without dropping serve

16.06.2008 | Tennis

Roger not only celebrated his fifth victory in Halle and his 55th career ATP title yesterday, but also his second tournament victory without dropping serve! He held his serve 49 games in total. The first time had been in Doha in 2005 Doha with 43 games.

This was Roger’s comment after the match: “I guess once you take the decision to commit and come somewhere, you hope for a good week. But there is never a guarantee. I was just hoping not to have a bad tournament in the first couple of rounds and then look back on maybe four days. It would have been really tough for me loosing on grass again for the first time and having just lost in Paris the final. It would have been a rough few days not having gotten through to the semis or finals. For this reason, I am really excited the way I played, never dropped a service game throughout the week. I think the first time in my career I achieved such a thing by winning a title. So, I couldn’t be more happy. I beat quality players and also my level of play was very good. So, I’m really pleased with my performance.”

07/29/2008 | 02:16 AM
"Federer planning to retire"

This is a headline from the 'The WC Post'

Federer was interviewed during the weekend by an American reporter for the WC Post. During the interview Federer talked about his plans for the years to come. He says that after
06/20/2008 | 11:57 AM
Stand up for the Champion, stand up for the Champion...
06/20/2008 | 10:42 AM
Dearest Roger
I trust that all will go well at Wimbledom. Please keep us proud! We love you and your game - again prove to the world that you are undoubtedly the best player ever to walk on a tennis court. Looking forward to celebrate with you.
Your Sou
06/20/2008 | 03:41 AM
Hello Roger,
Great photos of you ,and Mirka and yourself--she has been just wonderful to, and for you.

I note that Pete Sampras has stated that should it be necessary, he would fly to Australia to see you break his record of 14 GSlams--well, we would
06/20/2008 | 03:11 AM
Wow Roger!! It is great!!
06/19/2008 | 11:27 PM
Guys, do you know where can I get "Roger Federer The Spirit Of a Champion" TV documentary?
06/19/2008 | 11:00 PM
Hello dearest Roger, I have not replied to this yet, but so close to Wimbledon now, I felt compelled to do so. YOU are serving notice and are ready for the grand Centre Court once more! Go there with your mission in mind and accomplish it! You CAN do it a
06/19/2008 | 09:34 PM
im very happy fore you roger.
hope that you could keep it up for the rest of year
ofcourse we all know that rafa is the king of clay but that doesnt mean that he is unbeatable. so keep doing your best and good luck!!!!!! Not just for wimbledon but for
06/19/2008 | 08:23 PM
hey rog i wanted this time to seze the opportunity ta say that other then congrates man i just am more than a fan man wel in leb we faced a hard week kind of a civil war and rog u were the one who made me happy man i was so glad ta open the tv wen electri
06/19/2008 | 07:29 PM
i cannt found any words to say it to you federer exept you are the king