Three Specials on Roger

20.06.2008 | Off Court

With Wimbledon set to commence Monday, June 23, on ESPN2, ESPN Classic will present three half-hour specials on our reigning five-time champion Roger during the fortnight of play, on consecutive Sundays at 7:30 p.m.

In the three shows, fans will learn much about both the competitor and the man that is Roger, widely considered to be one of the sport’s all-time greats with 12 Grand Slam championships and numerous other titles to his credit.  In addition to Roger, those interviewed include his mother, Lynette; tennis greats Bjorn Borg, Pete Sampras, Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal and Stefan Edberg; NIKE founder Phil Knight; golf superstar Tiger Woods and others.

Sunday, June 22, 7:30 p.m. -- Roger Federer:  The Making of a Champion

Roger Federer:  Making of a Champion follows his journey from the local tennis courts of Basel, Switzerland, to the hallowed lawns of Wimbledon.

Sunday, June 29, 7:30 p.m. – Roger Federer:  The Champion

Roger Federer:  The  Champion  is the tale of Roger’s relentless pursuit of greatness and begins on Wimbledon’s Centre Court for the 2003 Final vs. Mark Philippoussis in the Gentlemen’s Singles Final.

Sunday, July 7, 7:30 p.m. – Roger Federer:  The Man

Roger Federer:  The Man takes a unique journey beyond the tennis court to give the viewer an up, close and personal insight into the man behind the racket.

12/02/2008 | 10:11 AM
Is it possible to get hold of these specials some how as I missed them? Marge1
09/16/2008 | 12:20 AM
I had a friednd tape these or me and I watch them all the time. Roger is so beautiful!!!!!!
07/16/2008 | 06:01 PM
Has anyone got a link to the programs? I've been on holiday so I've missed all of them and I would really like to see them!
07/12/2008 | 11:52 AM
ROGER,you are the best player in the world

F O R E V E R ! ! ! =]

07/12/2008 | 05:37 AM
I've just discovered this site and its size and the sheer numbers of fans is amazing. I've never looked at another fan site so don't know how it compares but surely this tops them all? I've looked at different parts, just loved all those photos in "Forum"
07/12/2008 | 05:10 AM
Roger may have lost the match but he is the real champion! He almost won 6 striaght which is unbelievable and Nadal got lucky with fading light this time! Roger will definately win wimbleton next year!
07/11/2008 | 05:49 PM
Hi Roger. I am a great fan of you from my childhood days. My birtday falls on July10. I take your Wimbledon victory as a birhday gift presented to me by you. But it is really dissappointing me when you didn't present me at 18. I believe you will present m
07/10/2008 | 06:02 PM
come on ,roger!l'm proud of you .
the olympic games will be held in beijing in August .and you will get a great surprise in beijing.your fans in china has already prepare something special for you ^_^all of us hope you will be happy in beijing . the forb
07/10/2008 | 05:53 PM
You played very beautifull...I congratulate
07/10/2008 | 05:51 PM
no matter what you will be in the future ,we still love you forever.losing one champion can't mean anything,don't worry ,roger.millions of your fans not only love your achievements but also love your character,your cute character.never give up ,roger.we b