Roger cruises on

31.08.2008 | Tennis

Roger won his 30th consecutive US Open match today, defeating Radek Stepanek 6-3, 6-3, 6-2 to reach the fourth round of the year's last Grand Slam event.

To win his first Grand Slam of the season, Roger is aiming for his fifth straight title at Flushing Meadows. He has not lost a set in three matches, and raised his right fist after zinging a final, winning forehand down the line. "I guess it's just nice to play well. Pretty simple," our champ said. "No complaints."

Roger encountered little resistance from his 28th seeded Czech opponent. He looked close to his best form while handing out a tennis lesson to the unfortunate Stepanek. "It was one of my goals coming into this season, next to trying to win Wimbledon. I missed that one. Oh, well," Roger said, drawing laughs from crowd.

He got broken for the only time in the first set, then broke back at love and held to win. In the third set, he double-faulted twice before winning his final 11 points on serve.

Roger will next face the winner of the match between Russia's Igor Andreev and Spanish 13th seed Fernando Verdasco.

09/03/2008 | 03:35 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
09/03/2008 | 07:52 AM
Rogerholics!

I know most of you are fast asleep and the thread will change soon anyway. Therefore, I won't report on my experiences until tomorrow. For now, I will just state that I have NEVER been prouder to be a Fed Head than this evening and that
09/03/2008 | 06:14 AM
***LIADS***
Flattery will get you nowhere--you sweet-talker, you!!!
09/03/2008 | 06:11 AM
We've had the four years of perfection and now we've got Roger Stage 2 and it's a lot of fun! To all those worriers and critics, just enjoy all his emotions and his guts and the great crowd resonse, because in the past he won so easily that he didn't have
09/03/2008 | 06:11 AM
***marj69***
I propose we also start a "to hell" box in which we can enclose a map, a compass and some good sticky tape. Why these particular items? Well, we can use the map and compass for the folks who mistakenly stumble onto to this site and can't s
09/03/2008 | 06:10 AM
Yo wilson. You should change your name in to Ponson. That suits you alot. Anyways my point being Roger fought back and won.
09/03/2008 | 05:59 AM
Oh! my God!. That was a thriller and I am sooooooooooooo happy and so relieved that you won. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BEST PLAYER. Awesome. I am so happy, and you must be too plus you must feel pretty tired. How do you feel?
Love you for your courage a
09/03/2008 | 05:57 AM
***marycorbin
I just listen to Tommy interview and he said (about Djerko) " Do i trust him, no (referring to injury)" You are right, we are about to open a kiddy section in this site.
09/03/2008 | 05:37 AM
****willsson
Dear willsson what I like about you is that no matter what, you'll always be the hammer and all the brainless impostors on this site, always be the rusted nails.
09/03/2008 | 05:34 AM
OH Roger
You make me heart-attack
Oh I can't breath when you play final set
Oh Finally you can make it through Roger
Best of luck in next matches