Roger wins part I

19.11.2008 | Off Court

Roger beat James Blake in the one set they played at the exhibition in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia): 7-6 (10-7), but he had to rally from 1-3 down. In the other singles match, John McEnroe defeated Björn Borg 7-6 (13-11).

"It has been a tough season with lots of traveling and I could just sleep for a month," Roger said. "I felt fine during the game, but obviously after a hard season I would need some time off. I'm glad we are at the end of the season and I will take it easy for a few weeks."

Roger and Borg then teamed to play McEnroe and Blake in doubles, and the Americans won 7-5.

On Thursday, the four champions will play the second part of the exhibition in Macao. After that, it's finally off to a more than well deserved holiday for Roger...

11/24/2008 | 04:55 AM
Congratulations Roger!

I have heard that from the news. Though i wanted to fly to KL and watch you play i just cant.....probably and hopefully i will....someday. Have a good and resting holiday! Come back next year and kick their ass. Im looking forwar
11/22/2008 | 02:19 PM
that was the first time i saw....you playing so
happily...without stress....haha...happy 2 see that...
11/22/2008 | 02:14 PM
HI Roger,

So happy to see u in Macau, wish you enjoy holiday and take rest.

Love you
11/22/2008 | 05:15 AM
cheers to a great season ending, roger! great to hear about the win, and because it's the end of the season and you need a well-deserved break, i'm not going to think about how you were 1-3 down. :)
can't wait to see you play in abu dhabi(is that how you
11/22/2008 | 04:21 AM
I really really wished I could be there. That's was so close to me (live in Hong Kong). I hated myself for missing the chance, and it's probably the only chance that I can see you play live. Disappointed that you won't appear at the event next year. But o
11/22/2008 | 04:07 AM
I'm glad to see your smile again.
very nice very good
hope you have a nace holiday

11/22/2008 | 04:03 AM
roger, i didn't see the one set match. i did see the two set match. it seemed you were having a lot of fun and just very relaxed and enjoying yourself. twirling the racket, starting the wave, starting the clapping, shushing the crowd before serving. your
11/22/2008 | 01:23 AM
How fortunate are the fans who have been able to see Roger play in person. To be even that close to him is a dream. Roger I hope you will have a good rest and that you will enjoy all this time with your family, friends and Mirka. God bless you in any and
11/21/2008 | 10:52 PM
Dear Roger
I hope that you will have a good rest before Aussi 09.We look forwards to a NEW season ,and to see you smiling and enjoying the game..It's only a game you know....you have to enjoy it first to win and make all of us happy as you have done thr
11/21/2008 | 10:48 PM
It was was fun to see you and Borg together and for sure it was fun to play as well!

Have a great time as always Roger!

Best of wishes