Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown

22.11.2008 | Off Court

Roger has now definitely finished the 2008 season with a last exhibition in Macao. He showed another entertaining match, beating James Blake 6-4, 6-4 in the Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown. Roger said he was fit again but will nevertheless take an extended break before the new season begins in January.

"I've been feeling better and better even though I felt sick again at the start of the week. I have felt like my body has been recovering since my last match against Murray," said our World No. 2. "I was feeling well, which is a positive sign. It think it was the first time I really didn't think about my back and that is a good thing."

Roger broke Blake in the fifth game of the second set and retained the lead in sealing the win against Blake, who had knocked Roger out of the Olympic Games in Beijing. "I think people remember that I lost here last year (to Pete Sampras) so they figured they needed to support me to come through against James," Roger said of the crowd support he received in Macao.

McEnroe and Blake beat Roger and Björn Borg, 10-7 in the doubles finale.

11/27/2008 | 10:48 AM
I realy hopre that you back n.1 :]

come on Roger! =D
11/25/2008 | 05:21 PM
Sounds like a great and fun evening of the year Roger! So good to hear you feel in form and I wish you very much deserved holidays.

Thank you so much for both the inmense pleasure and deep emotions your tennis play has given and evoked in me this year.
11/25/2008 | 03:03 PM
Enjoy your break, Roger, you've more than earned it! Thanks for all the joy you've given us this year. I'll wait patiently (well, maybe not patiently....) until 1st January to see you play again.

SallyA
x
11/25/2008 | 02:42 PM
hi sweety ,

I just wanna say u,to take rest as this year was extremely tough.so just chill and prepare urself to get back ur #1 rank......

love you rogy,a big kiss from me....
11/25/2008 | 01:30 PM
lots ov congrats sir :)

very happy for u :)

wish u best ov for coming year ..

stay happy n blessed ..!!
11/25/2008 | 12:34 PM
good luck, champion!!!
11/25/2008 | 11:18 AM
the tennis are you! take your time, good holidays Roger see you next year, i'm waiting....
11/25/2008 | 10:20 AM
Hi Roger! I was so excited to see you in Macau! It was definitely worth the trip (though a short one from Hong Kong) to see you play so brilliantly in the singles and doubles, and to get your autograph on my RF cap - I couldn't believe that would happen
11/25/2008 | 08:14 AM
hi roger,
As you are done with the exhibition, its finally time for you to have a break. Its good to hear that you are recovering from your back pain but please do take care of yourself. I know that this year has been a bit tough for you but i am sure th