Roger fights back from two sets down!

25.01.2009 | Tennis

Roger survived an early scare today before bouncing Tomas Berdych (ATP 21) out of the Australian Open with a heroic comeback from two sets down: 4-6, 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4, 6-2!

"I am very proud of my performance today. Tomas puts great power in his forehand, backhand and also his serve. That's what makes playing him that difficult. There was loads of adrenalin in the match today, I had to keep pushing myself forward. I then managed to commit less errors, I served well, that was the key. I am very happy with the result - I was, after all, almost on the plane back home already."

It was only Roger's fourth career recovery from the depths, he also preserved a Grand Slam quarter-final run dating back five years. Our champ had difficulties right from the start, losing serve five times in the first three sets. Only after reducing the amount of errors from the third set on did he take the lead.

Roger will meet Juan Martin Del Potro (ATP 6) in the quarter finals. Roger has won all three encounters with the Argentine so far.

04/06/2009 | 02:48 AM
.THE FACT THAT FEDERER SMASHED HIS RACKET SHOULD SHOW THE PUBLIC -AND HIS SISSY FANS- THAT FEDERER IS JUST A PRICK WITH NO MANNERS WHATSOEVER....

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HIS FANS FALL FOR HIS IMAGE OF NICE BOY WHO CRIES HIS HEART OUT EVE
01/28/2009 | 12:49 AM
vintage federer,

marvelous!!!

thanks for wonderful tennis!!!!!!!!!!
01/27/2009 | 04:47 PM
***marycorbin - wonderful post on p. 32

***willsson, sheleo, Tilou, ElaineW and others...
Great posts!

Hello, guys. I'm not online during Roger's matches; so far, I haven't been posting and he's been winning - so I'm gonna keep this up. I'm kinda w
01/27/2009 | 03:05 PM
Y3N - Thanks a lot!!! really appreciate.
Anyhow, that is also an amazing head drop ;-)
01/27/2009 | 03:02 PM
** junya
At that point, Roger hit a good shot to Del Potro backhand corner and the ball has dropped twice by the time Del Potro hit it so Roger had earned the break, but then the ball crossed the net so Roger just headed it =)
01/27/2009 | 02:57 PM
Anyone who can help me understand on the point that our champ using his head to drop a ball, I walk out to a wash room and only see the replay on that point but I don't quite get it.

Thanks in advance.
01/27/2009 | 02:51 PM
Roger,THAT WAS "BRILLIANT".
Happy to see the REAL Roger after quite a long time.It was like as you were floating on the court.The Backhand,Forehand and everything was Magical
BRING US FANS THE 14TH GS.
01/27/2009 | 02:51 PM
hey every body..
Congratulations Roger
its great Victory good luck in other matches we encourage you by our love to you good luck god with you isA see the 1st tennis agan
good luck :)
01/27/2009 | 02:50 PM
O my gosh, definitely a priviledge to watch Roger's tennis in today's match against Del Potro. That was so magical, very sublime performance by our Supreme Tennis King. I really missed this last year.
To the other Roger's fans discussing what Roger said
01/27/2009 | 02:48 PM
Congratulations, Roger at beating Del Potro. It was so good to see you in the zone again. Keep that up and there is no beating you.