Roger defeated in epic final

01.02.2009 | Tennis

Roger had to put on hold his quest to match Pete Sampras with 14 Grand Slam singles titles today. He was defeated by Rafael Nadal in another epic five-set final 5-7, 6-3, 6-7(3), 6-3, 2-6.

After 4 hours and 23 minutes on court Roger could not hold back his tears during the prize ceremony, showing how much this title would have meant to him. Our star was trying to equal Pete Sampras' record 14 major titles but has now lost to Nadal the last three times they've met in Grand Slam finals.

07/12/2010 | 11:24 AM
Roger,
Win or lose, you will forever be known as the greatest man ever to play tennis. This loss is nothing. You can win everything. I believe in you. Good luck for your upcoming matches.
03/23/2009 | 01:26 AM
RAFA IS THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I enjoyed so much to see sissy Federer cry....

JA JA JA

GO RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
03/11/2009 | 12:39 AM
As everyone has said..
Your the best dude.. I cant believe the effort you put in against Rafa and i cant believe you didnt win.
Its like the spirits of the universe created a player that has everything needed just to beat you..
I find it very starnge a
03/09/2009 | 12:57 AM
"Dear Roger,

I don't know, how much you have time to read these messages, but after watching today's Australian Open final I just want to tell you something.

I think you are a great player, but futhermore a great human. I love and honour your attitu
03/09/2009 | 12:41 AM
My dearest Roger,

I accept everything of you !
I accept your play !
I accept your win !
I accept your loss !
I accept your smile !
and I accept your cry, too !
Just be yourself !
Love you, support you forever !
Go
03/07/2009 | 08:34 PM
this is the last time you will lose to nadal
exept on clay

be trust .. you are much better than him
only trust
03/07/2009 | 02:04 PM
HI FEDERER,
I AM FROM BOSNIA AND A BIG FAN OF YOURS.I WAS SO SAD WHEN YOU LOST AT AO FINAL,BUT I KNOW THAT CHAMPION LIKE YOU CAN SURVIVE AND EVEN BECOME STRONGER AFTER DEFEAT.I THINK THAT YOU PLAYED WELL,AND NADAL COULD NOT BEAT YOU WITH HIS GAME,HE ONLY
03/06/2009 | 11:15 AM
roger, i finished my assignments early so that i can watch you play you see I'm just 11 and i play tennis too.my coach said that in every game there is a winner and a (well i don't wanna say loser)let's just say "defeated"and you were defeated and you can
03/06/2009 | 03:18 AM
Roger, focus on the crown jewel, Wimbledon!
Get your crown back. You know it's going to be you and Rafa again in the final for another epic battle this year.
03/05/2009 | 05:06 AM
Dear Roger,
Wimbledon & Australia Open is part of your turf. Be stronger than before, I believe that you should only have 1 fear and that will be you playing Pete Sampras in Wimbledon 01... I personally think that you should look back at the matches you