Roger eliminates Kiefer

29.03.2009 | Tennis

Roger rolled to an easy straight-set win Sunday in the third round of the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. Roger spent little more than an hour in the rout and never faced a break point as he beat Kiefer 6-4, 6-1 for the 11th consecutive time after losing four of the first five in their series which began in 2000.

The 27-year-old Roger is bidding for his 15th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title, and his third in Miami after previously triumphing in 2005 (d. Nadal in five sets) and 2006 (d. Ljubicic in three tie-breaks). Our champ, who lost in the quarterfinals to Andy Roddick last year, improved to a 32-8 tournament record.

Roger will next play Taylor Dent, an American qualifier who topped 15th-seeded Tommy Robredo of Spain 7-5, 6-3.

04/01/2009 | 09:44 AM
Keep on rolling Roger, great match against Dent. Wishing you all the best of luck in your match against Roddick, you know how to win against him.
Your fan forever from the beatiful island of the Seychelles.
04/01/2009 | 09:09 AM
Awesome Roger!
Good Luck in the next round.
I Love you!
04/01/2009 | 08:36 AM
Congratulations ROGER!!
04/01/2009 | 08:33 AM
Maricar * Mitz, Totally agree! From the beginning I said Nadal only PRETENDS to be nice to Roger so that Roger doesn't dislike him like he dislikes Novak, for example. We all know how aggressive Roger can be when he dislikes you. The Nadal you see is all
04/01/2009 | 07:46 AM
Lux Lady*****p.23
I heard Roddick say some F### language to the umpire and then followed by "sitting on that chair with your fat ar###s". I wonder why the umpire didn't give him any punishment, not even a warning. The umpire was Cedric Mourier.
04/01/2009 | 07:35 AM
I am so happy that Roger won - I couldn't watch the match because it was on so late last night so the first thing I did this morning was to check. Just wanted to mention too that Roger is always a gentleman, no touching of body parts or swearing etc. Di
04/01/2009 | 07:06 AM
maricar & mitz*****p.23
I'm loving the two of you. What you people said are so true and really pleases me. You guys are smart and have good observations. IMO, the "bull" would be even worse in his gamesmanship and behavior from now on since he's fighting
04/01/2009 | 06:33 AM
Congratulations dear champ good luck against Roddick as said before, he changed the way of his play so that take care, play ur best tennis n be the winner as usual insha allah.
04/01/2009 | 06:17 AM
stan showed a lot of heart- deserving the standing ovation.

04/01/2009 | 06:15 AM
maricar***I completely agree with everything you said. Nadal's uncle has taught him to cheat and that I just hate. Roger is so sweet and he would never think that Rafa is really what he is. In fact I am sure it would be hard to explain to him as he has no