Roger fights past Ferrer

20.08.2009 | Tennis

Roger had a scare at the Cincinnati Masters today before recovering to beat Spaniard David Ferrer 3-6, 6-3, 6-4.

"This win today was perfect," Roger said. "It gives me another opportunity to play another match. I'm further into the tournament, which normally makes me play better."

Despite an early break by Roger, the first set clearly went to Ferrer. Roger fought back to level as he managed to reduce the number of errors. He then went down an early break in the third set before immediately breaking back - another break and a last service game to love then secured him a spot amongst the last eight. He will next play the winner of the third round match between former world number one Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Querrey of the United States.

08/22/2009 | 01:25 AM
Dearest Roger!

I have a lot to study during this weekend for a final test next Monday (It will be a very boring weekend!)...but I will make a break to watch you play, so I wish you could win tomorrow very easily and quickly...You definitely can beat M
08/22/2009 | 12:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPION.
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I am so oooooooooooooooooo happy.
08/22/2009 | 12:36 AM
Thank you for two great wins in Cincy while I watched courtside. Now back home I am anticipating a weekend victory. Please wipe the grimace off Murray's face with your sublime tennis. Go Roger!
08/22/2009 | 12:33 AM
Yeah, today it was better!!! You played very well:) Good luck for tomorrow against, bah!, Murray:( (You see, by the time I left work Andy was losing against Benneteau and I hoped that when I get home I would read about his defeat...).
Anyway, I hope you
08/22/2009 | 12:29 AM
roger play aggresive against murray he is so predictable roll it back and hope the guy makes a mistake thats his game dont fall into the trap of trying to win from the back of the court he wll run the ball down over three sets fives a different matter bu
08/21/2009 | 11:55 PM
Great match Roger consider the gutsy wind. Now it's Murray and he played very poor game.
I know you can beat him play agressive. Remember Madrid where u beat Nadal after several losses.

Murray think so high off himself and is not a sporting player on
08/21/2009 | 11:53 PM
I know this is late, but well done on winning your 3rd round match!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in the quarters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/21/2009 | 11:46 PM
congrats roger
we love ya
08/21/2009 | 11:19 PM
Yeah Roger!! Great game. We all will be with you tomorrow wheter you win or lose!
08/21/2009 | 11:13 PM