Roger and Marco defeated in the doubles

03.11.2009 | Tennis

Roger and Marco Chiudinelli, both in the second round of the singles competition in Basel, teamed up for their first doubles in many years today. The two both grew up in the area of Basel and had worked as ball-boys at the Swiss Indoors many years back.

They faced Pakistan’s Aisamul Haq Qureshi and his American doubles partner James Cerritani. Unfortunately our two locals did not really manage to find their rhythm and lost 4-6, 3-6. They certainly entertained the crowd and produced moments of brilliance, but their opponents proved too strong in the end.

Roger will play Italy's Andreas Seppi tomorrow at 8 p.m. (local time).

11/05/2009 | 05:09 PM
It's ok, just concentrate on singles match now!
11/05/2009 | 05:25 AM
Dear Roger: you are doing great, I hope you can win this and all the rest of the tournaments still to play this year!! good luck!!!! lots of love.
11/04/2009 | 11:46 PM
You are the greatest tennis player ever! I am glad that your wishes for being the best in the world came true for you. Wish you the best (because you are the best!) and I am confident that you will most definitely defeat anyone!
So good luck to you! I'll
11/04/2009 | 10:37 PM
I couldn't see a lot of the match... I was at home, but livestreaming wasn't working very well for me today; stopping every 30 seconds or so!:(
So, do you think Roger played well? I could see some UE, but maybe I was so unlucky that the dams stream stopp
11/04/2009 | 10:25 PM
Dear Roger
Congratulations!!! You were wonderful! You played well and Seppi was not an easy opponent at all. He did his best in some games, I had impression he, like all other players, is so motivated playing you, as if he could win!!!!!!!!!!! Wishful th
11/04/2009 | 10:25 PM
Congratulations on your win over Seppi - it is so good to see you back on the court. My best wishes to you and your girls! Always routing for you! BBK
11/04/2009 | 10:24 PM
We just enjoyed a hard court magic ballet performed by ROGER FEDERER.

Congratulations, dear.
11/04/2009 | 10:23 PM
Great match Roger and beautifully played. I just wish I could understand Swiss-German. Ha. You are incredible!!!!!
11/04/2009 | 10:19 PM
beautifully done Roger.beautifully done with uncountable many unreal shots and not just that extreme one but during the rallies too.congratulate.amazing play,i can't say anything else.ve no words.congratulate Roger.
11/04/2009 | 10:07 PM