Roger stunned by Davydenko

28.11.2009 | Tennis

Roger suffered a 2-6, 6-4, 5-7 defeat to Nikolay Davydenko in today's semi-final at the ATP World Tour Finals.

Roger had never lost against the Russian in their 12 previous matches. But number 13 proved unlucky for our champ today. After having won the title at the Finals four times in five attempts between 2003 and 2007, his quest was stopped in the semi-final this year.

Davydenko produced a strong performance, taking a fast lead in the first set, breaking Roger's serve twice in the first five games, as Roger struggled to find his best form. But our number one recovered in the second set to level the match and take it into a decider. Tied at 5-5 in the final set, the Russian managed to hold Roger's high level and scored a break in the very last moment. Roger came close in the last game when he fought back to 30:30 from 0:30, but Davydenko eventually battled through his final service game to win the match.

12/19/2009 | 08:34 PM
returnoftheking :- let me remind you that whenever nadal won against fedex this year and last year, federer wasn't in the best of form..
moreover, it was roger who won wimby 2006 and 2007 against nadal, not the other way round...
and nadal can't even su
12/13/2009 | 06:07 PM
"Georgino" you are absolutely right. We write here because we love Federer and that doesn't mean that we have to be sweet talkers all the time. His performance is unstable, we suffer with each point, and we leave frustrated at the end. Sometimes i wish
12/11/2009 | 03:38 AM
Dear Returnoftheking
it seems that you donot know the histroy very well or even you donot know how to read it but simply look to nadal while he is still young he could not beat any one of the TOP ten(except tsonga)since has beaten by federer in Madrid

12/10/2009 | 05:51 AM
Roger, so sorry about your loss. You played some amazing tennis at the finals. I will always love watching you play whether you win or lose, because you do it with such dignity. That's why you're my number one!! To my fellow tennis fans, on the Tennis Cha
12/09/2009 | 08:46 PM
I am a fan of Roger, no doubt about that! However, he's getting beaten (royally) by players that never beat him before, e.g. Del Potro, Davydenko (who played outstanding tennis and he deserved the championship and I was glad to see him win!).
As I did sa
12/09/2009 | 11:38 AM
It's ok roger. This match was pulsating fun.
I really enjoyed the whole season. Thank you for demonstrating us the beauty of tennis.
See you next year!
Best withes for you and your family
12/09/2009 | 10:20 AM
Dear Dinora
Thank you so much, I appreciate your support and agree with you.
Love, Mimi
12/09/2009 | 02:14 AM
My dear Mimi****
Please don´t waste your energy. Is useless.
You are so passioned, you are pure gold .
All fans have the right to express his feeling.
With some we agree,with other we don´t. Some people here, are not close to a Roger´s fan, but they
12/08/2009 | 10:05 PM
I can't understand why such 'tennis experts' like thereturnoftheking or similar dare to comment Roger's career and compare him totally unfairly to some other players. Roger deserved all his trophies no matter who he played. His opponents were then the bes
12/08/2009 | 09:49 PM
I wonder how such 'tennis experts' like thereturnoftheking or similar do not speek honestly at all. When it suits them, then Roger didn't deserve GS title, or the other players are not so good enough, so he happened to win !!! It is terrible! What do you