Credit Suisse Sports Awards

11.12.2009 | Off Court

As 2009 is steadily coming to an end, it is time for the most important election in sports in Switzerland: the Credit Suisse Sports Awards ceremony will take place in Basel on the evening of December 12th.

Once again, Roger is among the nominees, facing competition by nine other athletes with a successful year behind them: Diego Benaglio (soccer), Fabian Cancellara (cycling, road), Dario Cologna (Nordic skiing, cross-country), Didier Cuche (Alpine skiing), Didier Défago (Alpine skiing), Daniel Hubmann (orienteering), Carlo Janka (Alpine skiing), Nino Schurter (cycling, mountainbike), Mark Streit (ice hockey).

"I am happy to have been nominated for the Credit Suisse Sports Awards again. I appreciate all the support and I would like to thank all fans for voting for me on Saturday evening", Roger said.

Eventually it is up to the Swiss TV audience to decide which athlete will take home the title (voting is only possible within Switzerland). Roger won the award 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007 as an individual athlete as well as last year in the team-category together with Stanislas Wawrinka –after their victory at the Olympic Games in Beijing.

12/15/2009 | 11:45 AM
it's ok roger you still no 1 in the the whole world
12/15/2009 | 07:01 AM

We all know that you deserve it
12/15/2009 | 04:54 AM
Congrats for the nomination and all the best dear. Hope that you will win it this year.
Best Wishes from Bhutan....
12/14/2009 | 10:17 PM
Rog,
Hope you are not the type who is psychologically affected by the financial Tsunami. I hope you have a home in Dubai where the real estates company teeters on bankruptcy, and the property value plummeted. Money comes and goes. That's why it's so i
12/14/2009 | 06:11 PM
good luck ,roger!
never mind my dear
12/14/2009 | 04:49 PM
My Dear Roger,

You have my vote for all nominations. It is a pity that my vote does not count in this case, but I wish all the very best.

Your number one fan,

Leta
12/14/2009 | 04:40 PM
Too bad Roger but we fans are all behind you as you know. Perhaps your recent business affiliation with Credit Suisse compelled them to set you aside in consideration of nepotism? Not to be disrespectful to other stellar athletes in your country.
All
12/14/2009 | 04:17 PM
Roger 2010 is coming, bringing many titles for you beyond limits, the first championship next think this should be preparing to get 100% and I know that if you want to have determination, persistence, and the main roger FAITH all walked beside you encoura
12/14/2009 | 11:58 AM
Dear Roger
I can't understand the swiss audience! Maybe I am not so familiar with the nominated athletes, but nevertheless, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST ATHLETE AND ABOVE ALL YOU ARE THE GREATEST GENTLEMAN!!!
Congratulations, I am so ha
12/14/2009 | 11:41 AM
you may not able to win this award but for your millions of fans we believe youre the BEST and STAND out among the rest!!!

have a nice holidays!!!