Second semi-final in 2010

07.05.2010 | Tennis

Roger successfully continued his quest for a second Estoril Open title today, moving into the last four with a 7-6(7), 6-2 victory over Arnaud Clément.

Roger got off to a bad start as his footwork clearly failed him. But just as we love him, he showed his mental resilience to fight back, winning the next three games to take a narrow lead. This mini-revival proved to be the turning point in the set - although Roger was never close to his best in what remained of the opener, he managed to edge past his opponent with the odd flash of brilliance. Roger then went on to take a 2-0 lead and finally picked up his rhythm at 3-1 up, hitting a series of whipped forehands that looked ominous for Clement's chances of recovery.

Roger will now play his first semi-final since January; he will face defending champion Albert Montañes (ATP 34). Roger has won all 3 encouters against the Spaniard so far.

05/08/2010 | 08:28 PM
Dear Roger,

Why you are not aggresive at all in recent games? I just see confusion & non-confidence in your eyes... I know you & your team should have been working out some plans to make improvement/changes, but seems it doesn't work. I really don't wa
05/08/2010 | 08:16 PM
that.s good practice for madrid and FO! that,s OK. it was not your day,,,,but I really insist you need more practice,,,specially movement,backhand, lot,s of errors,short of confidence etc,,, you look fat a little bit,,before madrid it,s warmingup at
05/08/2010 | 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry! I don't know what's happened with our Roger. Possible that it was a "training" match for you before the Grand Slam in Wimbledon, and he's keeping his forces to Wimbledon. If it's true, let it be and the Wimbledon Roger is winning the trophy.
05/08/2010 | 08:08 PM
Dearest Roger,
Of course, I really would like to see you play tmr final, I feel that you always can't play in form especially after rainy delay, probably the clay court would be too wet & then the ball would not move too fast la, anyway, wish you all th
05/08/2010 | 08:07 PM
Roger Federer lost his match today in Estoril. I am sure the sun will come out again tomorrow and the stars will not fall out of the skies. I am also certain that Roger is entitled to lose now and then.I never give up my belief in him but on the other han
05/08/2010 | 08:07 PM
no... roger I am so dissapointed. Was going to see you live in the final here at Estoril.

You must pull yourself together to Madrid and The French

you're still the best
05/08/2010 | 08:06 PM
good luck roger you are a champion xoxo
05/08/2010 | 08:06 PM
Roger is unable to play since his lung infection. I'm feeling depressed. Please Rog, how do you feel when you play? Is it your health causing you to loose stamina and concentration. I do hope you will take the necessary steps. Its urgent!
05/08/2010 | 08:06 PM
05/08/2010 | 08:05 PM
Remember this time last year,and look what our Roger did by the end of 2009. He is the best and doesn't have to prove it ,just enjoy playing he will win more tournaments along the way. He has the best support from Mirka and his Parents,and his fans.Let us